Blue Tropix Tipsy Tuesdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Tropix Tipsy Tuesdays

Noticed this comment elsewhere but couldn't respond to it there.

Isn't "Blue Tropix" the place with those poor monkeys in a cage? No way, no how, would I set foot in the place, if so.

Re: Blue Tropix Tipsy Tuesdays

I'm so out of touch with local nightlife (such as it is), I have no idea if there are still monkeys there or not. But I do remember there was quite a stir over them. Nadine Kam frowned on their presence (mentioning the slightly better accomodations the animals had at Pearl City Tavern), letters were written, the International Primate Protection League got on the story (after a monkey died), and of course there had to be an online petition.

All this is a few years old, though, so... perhaps they gave up the monkey business? Or did the monkeys give up the ghost?

City guides seem to mention the monkeys, still. Says the Raddison site: "
    And try to ignore the fact that the club keeps captive monkeys as a gimmick... Just enjoy the music." And says Yahoo!: "this nightclub... garnered some unwanted attention from animal-rights activists by housing several monkeys in an enclosure behind the bar."

Any clubbers in the house?
    Last edited by pzarquon; May 11, 2004, 01:29 PM. Reason: Links.

Comment

Oh, tragic that a monkey actually died...

But could it be that they (the monkeys) get more entertainment from watching the bar patrons doing their courting rituals than vise versa??

Comment

I seen the monkeys. Its pretty cool that they have that. It's pretty cool to watch them play while you wait for your drink.

I'm sure that Blu Tropix has all the permits and stuff req. for having monkeys in the bar.

why all the controversy? perhaps jealousy... lol

-vic
        Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
          Noticed this comment elsewhere but couldn't respond to it there.

Isn't "Blue Tropix" the place with those poor monkeys in a cage? No way, no how, would I set foot in the place, if so.

I totally agree and have vowed never to go there. I don't know how anyone with half a brain or an ounce of compassion would think it's okay to keep monkeys in an environment like that, day in, day out. It's totally unnatural and unhealthy and I heard the monkeys are showing signs of severe stress. I also heard Blue Tropix doesn't even have a current license to do that, so on top of being abusive and inhumane, it's illegal!!

That SlickVic guy should trade places with the monkey and see how he likes it! Jealousy? Of what? Stupidity and cruelty?

Comment

Isn't that the club they advertise on Hot939 (your station slick) w/ big teeze doing the voice over?

I don't know why they'd have monkeys in clubs. Aren't clubs supposed to be a place where you go and party/get drunk/find a date? Maybe that's why I've never entered one (and probably never will).

And whose the person who bumped this thread?
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
            X