Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas dinner

So what are your plans?

I notice that Taco Bell at McCully has a big sign saying they will be open on Christmas Day. Somehow, eating tacos just doesn't seem quite the right thing for the occasion, but maybe I'm too old and traditional.

Re: Christmas dinner

I always liked the A Christmas Story model myself: eating out at a Chinese restaurant. Fortunately, I married a culinary fiend, so it's more frequently something tasty and homemade. This year, maybe Cornish game hens as the anchor, and - of course - something special for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
      So what are your plans?

I notice that Taco Bell at McCully has a big sign saying they will be open on Christmas Day. Somehow, eating tacos just doesn't seem quite the right thing for the occasion, but maybe I'm too old and traditional.

Not only would considering fast food of any kind be distasteful and absurd during the holidays, it really is bad for the brain and the internal aesthetic sense to pay any attention to fastfood establishment signage... any time of year.

Comment

Usually Safeway's turkey dinner Christmas Eve, and roast beast (with Yorkshire pudding) Christmas Day. This year may be a little different as to dates of consumption for various reasons.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I don't know yet but am open to suggestions. Thanksgiving is the only holiday that I have clearly defined ideas about what to eat. Roast beast sounds good but then it always does to me Nice glazed ham is good too but that means leftovers almost til Valentine's with just two in the house (the dogs would love to help with that problem no doubt!). Maybe go out to eat but not where...???

Comment

The "two in the house" leftover problem is one we have most of the year, but since my sister and her family live only three hills over, holiday meals don't add to it.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

We'll have a "Honey Baked Ham" from Costco, brussels sprouts and caulitaters, and maybe some figgy pudding for dessert.

We'll be in San Francisco for New Year, so we'll probably pig out in Chinatown on dim sum that night.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Coming from a big family, I'm the youngest of seven. Every year we all go to the designated home of one of my siblings. My home is off limits cause I live MWH.Anyways, everyone brings their dishes that they are known for. All trying to out do the other which is great cause the food is plentiful and we all gourge like pigs. So, currently it's Gandule Rice,Bacalao Salad,Pastel Stew from me. 4 Roasted Chinese Ducks, Mochiko chicken, Roasted Pork, & MahiMahi Filets from the Aspera Family. Noodles and a surprise from the Flores family. DESSERTS galore from the Kaleiwahea family. Add sashimi,poki of all kinds, and albalone! Plus whatever other family and friends of the family brings. yummy! Thanksgiving is usually with our own family so Christmas and New Years we go all out and PARTY! This Holiday Season, I once again was without my son and daughter who are in the Military. Last year both were in Iraq. My daughter is presently in Germany while my son recently got deployed to Afganistan. I'll eat but my heart is not in the spirit kind of mood for XMAS!However, I wish you all a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON.GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES,GOD BLESS AMERICA!

1stwahine
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                X