Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you (hoping) to get as a Christmas gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you (hoping) to get as a Christmas gift?

I'm just waiting for $200 to get a used phone with accessories (the antenna is scratched, and I have a friend who owes me a favor that will replace it).

My friend who lives with us will get a speaker set for his computer, and a new motherboard that is coming from the mainland sometime this week.

My siblings already got their gift, but it looks like I won't be getting anything from my parents because I'm "too old" (that's okay anyway, as long as they give me a room, food, and pay for my education, then I don't expect anything from them).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What are you (hoping) to get as a xmas gift?

Originally posted by adri1456
    What are you (hoping) to get as a xmas gift?
    the usual:

whirled peas.

Comment

What I want for XMAS...all my children for once! It's been nearly seven years since I had them all together! The projected date for the next time is April 2005. I hope I can hang on till then. Eh, miracles happen and I've been through many trials and tribulations before...I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for all of them! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hmmm let's see: Peace on Earth, end to world hunger, improved literacy for our impoverished children of the world...Nah I'd rather have Miss America for saying that!!!

But really, just seeing the looks on my kid's faces opening up their Christmas presents makes me happy and that's what I want for Christmas.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I can tell you what I wasn't hoping for... a large car repair bill

That will easily squash any materialistic wants for this year's season.

Would have been nice to have family around. We're just doing a small gathering this year, but last year was a barrel of fun having all the relatives over during the holidays. Despite the full house and all the madness that comes with these things, it's worth it!

Comment

What I want most for Christmas is a Governor for the State of Washington!

Here it is, days before Christmas and we are still in the process of doing a manual recount of the recount that was held a couple of weeks ago that was ordered because in the general election, the Republican candidate "won" by less than 2,000 votes. In the first recount, the Republican "won" again by a total of 45 votes. In this second recount, without the final tally from King Co., which is heavily Democratic, the Republican is leading again by about 70 votes.

There are accusations from both parties of voter "irregularities" in King Co. A former election official declared the other day that maybe we should just throw the results out and start all over with another election!

We went to see what the process for ballot counting at the King Co. Election offices was yesterday. It's a huge room filled with tables and chairs and 3 people at a table (one registered Democrat, one registered Republican, and an election official). All 3 people at the table have to agree on the totals for each box they tabulate. This is democracy at its most tedious.

I don't want the state of Washington to be the 2004 "Florida"! Let Ohio take that title. However, if the Democratic candidate does win this second recount, will the Republicans go for best of 5 recounts? And if the Republican candidate does win, he probably won't get too much done over the next 2 years because the State Legislature is very heavily Democratic.

Oh yes, and I want a cast iron frying pan and a Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler to replace my George Foreman Grill and like Kimo, whirled peas.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Nothing really as I have too much stuff cluttering my apartment. That said, I will be home to spend the holidays with my family on the Big Island of Hawaii. That is always a good Christmas gift I give to myself (thanks this year for the Aloha Airlines coupons that I bought in August).
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Oh, I gave up hoping for a particular Christmas gift at about age five when I discovered a certain legendary person ..... errrrr, never mind, I won't go further into that.

Comment

I just came home from Circuit City, and with a $200 gift card, I got myself a Wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo and a 2.1 speaker set.

Now, where's that $200 in cash so that I can get that phone.
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I also got this wireless keyboard combo from HP :

HP Model # 5219URF

*Click with your mouse to enlarge*

It's an HP wireless keyboard Model #5219URF.

For the life of me, can't seem to find a single keyboard skin for it!.

Had an offer for a custom made(once), if I send it to the company, & will get in return(suposidly) a free key boardskin, & the company will pay the S. & H. Back. Yeah, right.
                    I took no action towards that.

So, I am wondering, if any one here would know where I can get a single or 2 keyboard skin for my keyboard, so that it doesn't get all grundgy on the keys. I Would be most appreciative.

"What am I hoping for an xmas gift"......

Well, I was also hoping that I would get a really nice 3 bedroom house,
                    with a pool, a maid to help me clean, & A stretch limo along with a driver.

My hubby just told me to keep dreaming.

Oh well.

Aloha & happy holidays.

Mele Kalikimaka.
                    Aches & Pains
                    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                      "What am I hoping for an xmas gift"......

Well, I was also hoping that I would get a really nice 3 bedroom house,
                      with a pool, a maid to help me clean, & A stretch limo along with a driver.

My hubby just told me to keep dreaming.

Oh well.
                      " 'a' maid? to help you"? Have the maid do all the cleaning!
                      I have an 8 person maid service. Went through a few companies, now I am satisified I have the best on Oahu.
                      a group of 'em descend on yer home and they are in and out in short order.

and if ya refer to it by its name maybe you will get it:
                      "limousine and chauffeur" (a stretch limo is a redundancy, as a limousine is now known as a sedan that has been stretched. Unless, of course, if you are referring to a limousine that can seat 10 or more. that would be a stretch limousine, but believe me; a limousine should suffice; as it will hold 4 to 6 behind the chauffeur division window in privacy and luxury quite sufficiently)
                      (oh; and a driver is anyone who drives a car but you don't want that.)

Comment

I hope to get singing lessons, so's i can pass it along to this dude here:

http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html

happy horrordays to all...

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo55
                          (Oh;and a driver is anyone who drives a car but you don't want that.)
                          Hmm... Why is that?. With a driver, I could have it made.

(sigh) Alas, it's just a dream. No harm dreaming, right?.

Mele Kalikimaka.

Happy Holidays to all.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            I hope to get singing lessons, so's i can pass it along to this dude here:

http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html

happy horrordays to all...
                            LOL.

More like, your friend there is the one who really needs the
                            singing lessons more than you.

Happy horrordays to you to.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                              Hmm... Why is that?. With a driver, I could have it made.
                              a driver is anyone;
                              cousin Klem, who is seen often with a can o' Bud, behind the wheel. driving on the sidewalks of Waianae.
                              he would not be a chauffeur: a professional well trained discrete experienced limousine operator.

Comment

Working...
                              X