hello from the bitter cold north

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from the bitter cold north

well, it's 1 degree F outside right now, with a wind chill of -20... nothing compared to last year, when we go far down into the negative double digits... quite the contrast to hawaiian weather

anyhow, I just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm looking forward to becoming a regular poster here on hawaiithreads.

"We suffocate among people who think they are absolutely right, whether in their machines or their ideas. And for all those who can live only in an atmosphere of human dialogue, the silence is the end of the world."
    -Albert Camus

Re: hello from the bitter cold north

Originally posted by homesick
    well, it's 1 degree F outside right now, with a wind chill of -20... nothing compared to last year, when we go far down into the negative double digits... quite the contrast to hawaiian weather

anyhow, I just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm looking forward to becoming a regular poster here on hawaiithreads.

Welcome, but which "bitter cold north?" Alaska, Canada, Thule...?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Re: hello from Massachussetts

Hello everybody!I just thought to say hello to everybody and just to say that is weaked cold here now. It is 9 degree and it is snowing. Oh I wish I was in Hawai there. Well I will look foward to talk to some people here in this wonderful webside. Bye

Comment

Aloha Ermilinda! I'm a newbie too. Infact just last week. I was greeted by three regulers and know the feeling about being welcome. So as a newbie to a newbie...WELCOME! Hope you have much fun and ventilation as I have had! Happy Holidays!

1stwahine
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ermelinda
          Hello everybody!I just thought to say hello to everybody and just to say that is weaked cold here now. It is 9 degree and it is snowing. Oh I wish I was in Hawai there. Well I will look foward to talk to some people here in this wonderful webside. Bye
          It is very cold here in Hawaii kai at the moment. had to put on a t shirt! dayum!
          steady rain today but ya know what they say:
          ue ka lani o la ka honua.

when the sky cries, the land lives.

Comment

Re: hello from Mass too!

Brrrrr.....cold, cold, cold!! It so cold here but I will be in Hawaii on Christmas day! My grandpa passed away a couple of weeks ago and his funeral and burial will be held next week. It will be a bittersweet holiday season for me this year.....
            Lovena

Comment

Re: hello from Mass too!

Condolences my dear. My family is also mourning someone who we loved as a dad. Unfortunately, he died in the Philippines. Yes, Holidays that are bittersweet but all the more memorable when we remember all the times well spent with those we LOVE! That is why it is so important to say I love you each and every chance we get for tomarrow may be the last.

1stwahine

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                It is very cold here in Hawaii kai at the moment. had to put on a t shirt! dayum!
                steady rain today but ya know what they say:
                ue ka lani o la ka honua.

when the sky cries, the land lives.
                No make shibai, lidat, Kimo. "Very cold" is what, 80 degrees in Honolulu? The last Christmas I spent in Boston it was minus 25 degrees with the wind chill factor.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  No make shibai, lidat, Kimo. "Very cold" is what, 80 degrees in Honolulu? The last Christmas I spent in Boston it was minus 25 degrees with the wind chill factor.

Miulang

yep sound bout rite. 80.

cold at nite is when we use a blanket. oddawise; sleep nekkit with one sheet.
                  This winter, is the coldest I have been in a long time. Like california winter.

Comment

Miulang, A couple of days ago you made this Military Mom cry tears of joy. Today after reading your thread to Kimo (sorry Kimo) I can't stop laughing! I even shared your response to Kimo's post with my 8o yr. old MAMA and she's cracking-up too! Way to go girlfriend! As for us here at Mayor Wrights Housing...rain,rain,rain and not cold at all! Muggy but way to hot for me cause I'm in the change of life time if you know what I mean, among everything else that is wrong. It's always HOT!heheheh
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 22, 2004, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X