PDA

View Full Version : hello from the bitter cold north

homesick
December 19th, 2004, 09:40 AM
well, it's 1 degree F outside right now, with a wind chill of -20... nothing compared to last year, when we go far down into the negative double digits... quite the contrast to hawaiian weather ;)

anyhow, I just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm looking forward to becoming a regular poster here on hawaiithreads.

:D

Linkmeister
December 19th, 2004, 03:52 PM
well, it's 1 degree F outside right now, with a wind chill of -20... nothing compared to last year, when we go far down into the negative double digits... quite the contrast to hawaiian weather ;)

anyhow, I just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm looking forward to becoming a regular poster here on hawaiithreads.

:D

Welcome, but which "bitter cold north?" Alaska, Canada, Thule...? :)

Ermelinda
December 20th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Hello everybody!I just thought to say hello to everybody and just to say that is weaked cold here now. It is 9 degree and it is snowing. Oh I wish I was in Hawai there. Well I will look foward to talk to some people here in this wonderful webside. Bye

1stwahine
December 22nd, 2004, 09:02 AM
Aloha Ermilinda! I'm a newbie too. Infact just last week. I was greeted by three regulers and know the feeling about being welcome. So as a newbie to a newbie...WELCOME! Hope you have much fun and ventilation as I have had! Happy Holidays!

1stwahine

kimo55
December 22nd, 2004, 09:12 AM
Hello everybody!I just thought to say hello to everybody and just to say that is weaked cold here now. It is 9 degree and it is snowing. Oh I wish I was in Hawai there. Well I will look foward to talk to some people here in this wonderful webside. Bye

It is very cold here in Hawaii kai at the moment. had to put on a t shirt! dayum!
steady rain today but ya know what they say:
ue ka lani o la ka honua.

when the sky cries, the land lives.

EastCoastTropics
December 22nd, 2004, 09:54 AM
Brrrrr.....cold, cold, cold!! It so cold here but I will be in Hawaii on Christmas day! My grandpa passed away a couple of weeks ago and his funeral and burial will be held next week. It will be a bittersweet holiday season for me this year.....

1stwahine
December 22nd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Condolences my dear. My family is also mourning someone who we loved as a dad. Unfortunately, he died in the Philippines. Yes, Holidays that are bittersweet but all the more memorable when we remember all the times well spent with those we LOVE! That is why it is so important to say I love you each and every chance we get for tomarrow may be the last.

1stwahine

Miulang
December 22nd, 2004, 10:05 AM
It is very cold here in Hawaii kai at the moment. had to put on a t shirt! dayum!
steady rain today but ya know what they say:
ue ka lani o la ka honua.

when the sky cries, the land lives.
No make shibai, lidat, Kimo. "Very cold" is what, 80 degrees in Honolulu? :rolleyes: The last Christmas I spent in Boston it was minus 25 degrees with the wind chill factor.

Miulang

kimo55
December 22nd, 2004, 10:17 AM
No make shibai, lidat, Kimo. "Very cold" is what, 80 degrees in Honolulu? :rolleyes: The last Christmas I spent in Boston it was minus 25 degrees with the wind chill factor.

Miulang

yep sound bout rite. 80.

cold at nite is when we use a blanket. oddawise; sleep nekkit with one sheet.
This winter, is the coldest I have been in a long time. Like california winter.

1stwahine
December 22nd, 2004, 10:19 AM
:D Miulang, A couple of days ago you made this Military Mom cry tears of joy. Today after reading your thread to Kimo (sorry Kimo) I can't stop laughing! I even shared your response to Kimo's post with my 8o yr. old MAMA and she's cracking-up too! Way to go girlfriend! As for us here at Mayor Wrights Housing...rain,rain,rain and not cold at all! Muggy but way to hot for me cause I'm in the change of life time if you know what I mean, among everything else that is wrong. It's always HOT!heheheh