the dumbing down of broadcast tele-vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the dumbing down of broadcast tele-vision

now, I am the first to admit for any edumication, I should never expect to depend on the boob tube; the opiate of the asses, but this is getting to be a real plague; a malady of biblical proportions.
    and it bothers me just a tad, cuz, well, impressionable kids are watching. and it seems to do nothing more than solidify their street lingo, their penchant for turning "ghettofabulous".. and that is not a happy prospect. no, it's not good for our quality of life, our ears, our eyes nor is it a positive aspect of the future.

OK; So we have one instance on the History channel, i mentioned i emailed them:

History channel... sad to see the lowering of their standards... it's very distressing to see on what many view to be an 'educational' channel.
    On Segal's guitar collecting episode ( just aired) , we saw copy that told us....

"he also collects Tibetan Buddah's"

ugh.
    Hey, History Channel:
    are you all turning illiterate!?

then last night, watching VH1.... Yes, I know. Serves me right.
    But is there no refuge from the growing problem of dumbth!?

They have their usual lascivious program, this nite; the subject, backal nudity.
    So they open the segment with some the usual animated backgrounds and colorful typefaces spelling out:

"View's from the rear"

ugggg!
    shiver!
    where's the beer!

then one of my favorite web sites bitches about it too;
    read it here.
    http://www.americanangst.com/june222004.shtml
Working...
X