Who thinks that it'll rain on xmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thinks that it'll rain on xmas?

With the sudden rainfall we've been having, who thinks that we'll have a wet xmas?

I'm not worried, because our car port is covered, and we can put temporary walls to block the rain, or have it inside.

I was hoping for a wet New Years Eve, and I hope that we have it.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who thinks that it'll rain on xmas?

At least you have warmer temperatures.

It's been quite cold around here. Last week, we were getting temperatures in the mid to high 30s. I'm sure some folks up north have to deal with freezing or near freezing temperatures..

Comment

The wetter the New Year's Eve the better. It's not the smoke that bothers me, it's what the racket does to my dog. If people have to stay inside, fine (with the additional benefit that there might be fewer drunks on the road, too).
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Up here further up north on the Left Coast, they are predicting showers (either rain or snow) Saturday night. Right now it's very very foggy. You guys in Hawai'i are lucky. You don't have to shovel rain!

Mele Kalikimaka.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The headline on this Star-Bulletin article seems to echo Adri's original question:

Wet Christmas?
          Diana Leone, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Thursday, December 23, 2004
          Several rain-related auto accidents closed tunnels on the Likelike Highway for hours yesterday, and forecasters predict rain will continue through the Christmas weekend.

Comment

Well, it's quite pleasant today but, sheez, yesterday morning I wondered if it would ever stop .... or at least slow down.

Comment

My 80 year old MAMA, GOD bless her says, It ain't gonna rain! We've been through too much...from another source of mine, NO RAIN! As for new Years Eve, I hope and pray it RAINS like cats and dogs. I too, don't like the noise,smoke and drunks on the roads. I am a recovering alcoholic amongst other things but I don't drink and drive. Never have, never will! Surprisingly, everytime I do drink, it seems to be getting longer and longer when I do take a nip or two or three... Now, I have other things to worry about like where's dis and dat...ok, bye all. I'm gonna write on my Weblog which takes couple of hours to do. I'll check back now and then. You all take care! I love Hawaii Threads and all of you too!
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Just had to poat this to you all! Christmas is PAU! Did it rain in Hawai'i Nei? NO! Told ya' so! Good source and my MAMA too!heheheh

Comment

uhhh, I ment post not poat or gloat...have a great wet day!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    uhhh, I ment post not poat or gloat...have a great wet day!
                    eh no worry beef curry! This is how our own special worldwide-universally understood internet language we are all so very proud of, is proliferated !

"Your definately write, that yoo shuude poat these kewl thing's in you're blog on this web sight that is yores...."
                    Last edited by kimo55; December 27, 2004, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Yep, it didn't rain on xmas (but it did drizzle when we went to the xmas lights display downtown).

Atleast someone up there gladly held back the rain, but it looks like it came down in a few hours last night (with special effects too).
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                        Yep, it didn't rain on xmas (but it did drizzle when we went to the xmas lights display downtown).

Atleast someone up there gladly held back the rain, but it looks like it came down in a few hours last night (with special effects too).

that was cool. flashes of lightning with no accompanying sound... beyond the Hawaii Kai hills...

Comment

Good morning Kimo and Adri1456. Yes, it surely rained and the special affects were enlightening to watch on T.V. I was so upset that my night out was cancelled by my neices after I took my time to look somewhat younger.heheheh Now, they say for Wednesday! Anyways, took an Ambien and I went moimoi. Missed what other weather action there was! So, next question remains...Is it gonna rain on New Year's Day?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            .Is it gonna rain on New Year's Day?

weeeeellll... no can tell; cuz the gods will fool the foolish mortals, but here's what the weatherman and hiz crystal ball sez:

Extended forecast for Oahu

Today, Monday...
                            Mostly cloudy with scattered showers...then partly cloudy with isolated showers in the afternoon. Highs 74 to 79. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight
                            Partly cloudy with scattered showers. Lows 62 to 67. South winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tuesday
                            Partly cloudy with scattered showers. Highs 73 to 79. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tuesday Night
                            Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 61 to 66. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Wednesday

Partly cloudy with isolated showers...then mostly cloudy with showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 72 to 78. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Wednesday Night

Mostly cloudy with showers likely. Lows 60 to 68. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Thursday

Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. A 50 percent chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 73 to 78. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Thursday Night

Mostly cloudy with occasional showers and a chance of thunderstorms. Breezy. Lows 61 to 66. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Friday

Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. Highs 74 to 79. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Friday Night

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows 62 to 70. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

New Years Day

Partly cloudy with scattered showers. Windy. Highs 74 to 79. Southwest winds 15 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Saturday Night

Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Windy. Lows 60 to 65. West winds 15 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Sunday

Partly cloudy with scattered rain showers. Windy. Highs 73 to 79. West winds 15 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
                            Last edited by kimo55; December 27, 2004, 08:12 AM. Reason: cuz ah aim dumm

Comment

Eh, da beeeg problem for us guys up hea is if you guys get da rain, we going get da rain in about 3 days afta you guys! So of course, going rain New Years Day. But I no kea. I going be in San Francisco eating dim sum in Chinatown.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X