Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have any complaints on where you live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have any complaints on where you live?

Even though I live with my family in a 2 story house that we fix up almost every month (my dad doesn't want to be bored, so he finds something to fix or upgrade and the kids help him).

But aside that, we live infront of the HFD Maintance facility, which is by the Waipahu refuse center. Just recently, they've been testing the sirens of the trucks. Some of the sirens even sounded like the civil defense siren, so everyone in my house ran out like it was an emergency (luckily, no one else saw us).

To make it worse, the Police Academy is next to it, and sometimes we can here the police practice. And to top it off, they're building a shooting range near it, so they better not train in the night even though it'll be indoors.

BTW, we didn't receive any notices about the HFD maintanance facility until I read it in a Waipahu revitalization book at the library.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Do you have any complaints on where you live?

My biggest complaint is my neighbors who seem to be running their contracting business out of their house. Four or five company-logoed trucks and vans are always parked along the curbs, which is really annoying because they take up so much space. Isn't there a zoning rule against that?

Comment

I got no complaints cuz I got a roof over my head and for that I'm greatfully thankful for.

Think about that the next time you see a homeless person on a cold and rainy night. Be thankful for the goodness in your life, it's not all that bad.

Okay I hate the coqui frogs!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        I got no complaints cuz I got a roof over my head and for that I'm greatfully thankful for.

Think about that the next time you see a homeless person on a cold and rainy night. Be thankful for the goodness in your life, it's not all that bad.
        Thanks for making me feel bad.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

"Do you have any complaints on where you live?"

to paraphrase an old saying:
          "curse the light and soon you may curse the darkness".
          in other words, if you don't have an attitude of gratitude and curse what you DO have, the gods may have it taken away and then you curse the day you complained about what you DID have...

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            Four or five company-logoed trucks and vans are always parked along the curbs, which is really annoying because they take up so much space. Isn't there a zoning rule against that?
            I think there might be, especially if they're truly company vehicles (i.e. registered to the business, with commercial plates, rather than just private vehicles with vinyl lettering to look official). Sounds like a job for the Star-Bulletin "Kokua Line," or the Honolulu Advertiser "Bureaucracy Buster"!

And yes, true, we're lucky to live anywhere. But we don't need to be ashamed of being annoyed at our neighbors or some characteristics of our neighborhood. Hell, even homeless people can complain about things you might think they're "lucky" to have...

I used to live in Waikiki, and boy was that a love-hate relationship. Now I live in Mililani, the very picture of planned-community enforcement. Relatively well-planned development (except in Mauka), lots of amenities (though you pay fees) and tended-to public areas (ditto)... but don't you ever think about expressing any degree of personality with your property. Everything from the color of your house to how you park your car to adding anything to your home needs to be scrutinized and approved by The Board.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              I live in Mililani, the very picture of planned-community enforcement. Relatively well-planned development (except in Mauka), lots of amenities (though you pay fees) and tended-to public areas (ditto)... but don't you ever think about expressing any degree of personality with your property. Everything from the color of your house to how you park your car to adding anything to your home needs to be scrutinized and approved by The Board.

ugh. Sounds like a communistic setting.
              it's like Bill Maher sez:
              we have it pretty good here in america but we're not really a free country.
              we're just free'er than most other countries...
              Last edited by kimo55; December 23, 2004, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Aloha! I just got back from the IHS Donation Garage on Ka'aahi Street. Thanks to CraigWatanabe on another thread re: Dr. Flowers. Well, I finally went after putting it off time and time again. What an eye opener and tear jerking experience! I'm always complaining for dis and dat. About the Youth practicing what they call music and then swearing all the time creating such havoc in the parking lot, etc. About my kids not being with me due to fighting TERRORISM, about having a boyfriend who seems to come home whenevers, etc. etc. etc. Today, I donated clothes some used ( mostly my boyfriend's heheheh), some new. Five large clean garbage bags full. Those who were there when I went couldn't stop thanking me. I said Merry Christmas and my tears just flowed down my cheeks. Yes, I live at MWH, in the middle of downtown, Honolulu, Hawai'i. My rent is cheap otherwise, I'd be homeless too. After my husband died, my children and I became homeless by choice to remain together. Today brought back the memories of living at the Kokea Homeless Shelter for Women and Children! Yes, despite humble beginnings and a mom who was messed-up, they have accomplished many things, others only dream of. I can say this for them and me, I thank GOD for MWH where we had and I still do have shelter, where they come home for R&R's and where I strongly believe unlike others here...that you don't have to act like "Public Housing!"

A House is but a House, Without GOD,family and love it remains HOLLOW! With it, it is a HOME! Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

We've picked up a few pranksters in the neighborhood. One instance was finding the inside of our mailbox sprayed with those neon-colored foam party streamers. Granted that this happened during Halloween, so I didn't mind it too much.

Now, it's gotten a little worse because just recently, someone unscrewed the tops of our sprinkler heads. I was annoyed to discover water geysers when watering the front lawn.

I'm assuming kids are doing this since it is the winter break now. Kids will be kids, I suppose, but when I catch them, they'll be sorry..

Comment

Originally posted by 808_m3

I'm assuming kids are doing this since it is the winter break now. Kids will be kids, I suppose, but when I catch them, they'll be sorry..

and here's a cute lil christmassy ditty mentioning that very subject...

http://blastro.com/player/nashvillep...e=rm&x=53&y=11

or

http://blastro.com/player/nashvillep...ashville+Pussy

and choose yer connection speed.

Comment

Working...
                    X