Honolulu City Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu City Lights

I'm assuming this is the case, but I'd like it confirmed by somebody else who knows for sure...

While I'm sure the outside holiday lights will be on, will the Honolulu Hale bldg be closed on Xmas day to visitors who want to see all the holiday trees in the main entrance of the bldg? I know it's open at night normally for people to view the Xmas decorations, but I figured that it would be closed Xmas Day, being a Federal holiday and all...yes? Or are they going to make some kind of exception, since it's holiday lights on a holiday?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Honolulu City Lights

My guess would be that City Hall itself will be closed, but I'm not sure.

Not surprisingly, information is lacking on the official Honolulu City Lights webpage, and the Christmas Day Holiday Schedule out of the city mentions other facilities (including satellite city halls), but not the main City Hall building. But since other 'visitor-focused' facilities like the zoo will also be closed, I wouldn't count on being able to wander around the indoor display tomorrow.

But, who knows. Maybe the facilities staff will be in a charitable mood.

I sent an e-mail to the catch-all Customer Service address... but seeing as how today's a holiday for the city, too, I doubt I'll get a reply.

Comment

Re: Honolulu City Lights

Originally posted by pzarquon
      My guess would be that City Hall itself will be closed, but I'm not sure.

Not surprisingly, information is lacking on the official Honolulu City Lights webpage, and the Christmas Day Holiday Schedule out of the city mentions other facilities (including satellite city halls), but not the main City Hall building. But since other 'visitor-focused' facilities like the zoo will also be closed, I wouldn't count on being able to wander around the indoor display tomorrow.

But, who knows. Maybe the facilities staff will be in a charitable mood.

I sent an e-mail to the catch-all Customer Service address... but seeing as how today's a holiday for the city, too, I doubt I'll get a reply.

I appreciate your trying to find out for me. I ended up playing it safe and not going that night anyway, though I'm still hoping to see the display before Jan 1!

:-)

Comment

Working...
      X