• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawaiiThreads.com and HawaiiStories.com

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Getting back to the topic...
    . This site, and its sister site HawaiiStories,
    can you, in two sentences or so, define/explain what these two sites are?

Re: HawaiiThreads.com and HawaiiStories.com

Hmm. Good question.

HawaiiStories.com, which came first, started out as a "community weblog." There, topics were posted one at a time by a small group of members and commented on by other members and the public. But since membership was initially defined as "people with weblogs," it was a pretty small group. Given the name, I've since been trying to shift the focus of HawaiiStories.com to "a place for storytelling," and providing free hosting for people (like our own Lynn/1stwahine) who want a spot to write and reflect.

HawaiiThreads.com is your typical web discussion forum, and solved the problem of a relatively closed "blogger" group -- it allows anyone to start a conversation, and to dicuss dozens of topics easily and simultaneously. It's "a place for talkstory," albeit generally more organized than your typical beach picnic.

Wait. That's a helluva lot more than a sentence or two. How's this: One's for expression, one's for discussion. The way I described the difference recently to a confused blogger was something like this:
    • HawaiiStories.com: Today I went and checked out the Honolulu City Lights display.
    • HawaiiThreads.com: What does everyone think about the Honolulu City Lights display?
    My invitation to set you up with a blog still stands, Kimo!

BTW, as you might have noticed at the bottom of every page here, there are other neglected stepchildren in this web family, including HawaiiNews.com and HawaiiAnswers.com. And there are others that are even less developed. Too many big ideas, too little time and talent!

Comment

BRAVO AND WELL SAID PZARQUON! k PEOPLE CHECK OUT DA SISTA SITES!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        My invitation to set you up with a blog still stands, Kimo!

mahalos. but I think the dose that the public gets of Kimo is jezz about what anyone can handle.

besides; I don't wanna dominate too many avenues of the media. yet.

Comment

kIMO, with your wit and way with words, you would love it at Hawaii Stories! I hope you change your mind cause I just can imagine how you would write. I know I would definitely read um. Either you got it or you don't. I was fortunate to have The Web Master give me the opportunity. If he hadn't, I would be already in NANUNANU LAND!

eH, mODERATOR! hELLO? tHIS SUPPOSE TO BE NUMBA 49 POST! I already have 48...wake-up and moderate please.
          Last edited by 1stwahine; December 24, 2004, 01:17 PM.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            kIMO, with your wit and way with words, you would love it at Hawaii Stories! I hope you change your mind cause I just can imagine how you would write.

...your check is in the mail.

Comment

Working...
            X