Xmas Without Those We Love And Miss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Without Those We Love And Miss!

Yeah, lots of ono food,desserts and more presents to open...but no moa those that were here last year cause they passed on. No more the kids cause they in the military. Then theres my brothers,sisters,neices and nephews etc. who live on the mainland cause their jobs and the high cost of living here in Hawai'i Nei sent them away. They're doing much better but in cold weather. I miss them all...especially, (crying)...my son and daughter(who is in Afganistan & Germany)!BOO HOO I wanted to go home and get back on the computer...seems everybody has one at home! Hence, have to stay at the PARTY until six then head out back to town for another one but only going show face then hele home! So, how's your day?1:46 pm.

4:23 pm. I sneaked away.hehehe I'm in my home, blasting the XMAS music and doing what I like best...talk story so start talking! nah! I love writing so I'll go to Hawai'i Stories for a bit and check in and out of Hawaii Threads then off again to another party. Oh! Anybody know any Karaoke Place(Non-Korean Bar ) more upper class. My neices want to take their Auntie singing tomarrow!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 25, 2004, 03:29 PM. Reason: update
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Xmas Without Those We Love And Miss!

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    in my home, blasting the XMAS music
    Anybody know any Karaoke Place(Non-Korean Bar ) more upper class. My neices want to take their Auntie singing tomarrow!
    ho. azzwhy hahd eh. blasting Led Zep heah at da hale now, cuz I steh tiahd o' da blasted Xmas musak alla time since turkeyday...

Jezz got back from sailing and da gawd dang captain wen play da kine blasted xmas musique too long, den we wen re-bell an ax em why you no play led zep one?! You gettum on CD!? wen spokem arready!
    so da buggah get da kine tip, cuz he wen playum.

and.... No, I am happy to say, I know of NO karaoke bar uppah or lowah class o'whatevah class. to refer you to.

and remember;
    when you say:

" Xmas Without Those We Love "

you are "crossing out Christ".
    (at least that's what the christians have been telling me for years!) (no, not years. Fricken' decades.)

...which basically means, you have a christmas without the one ya supposedly love da most; '"Christ"

or no!?
    correct me if I am wrong...

cuz I am open to learning about the youngest/newest religion on the planet.

Comment

Aloha Kimo and everybody else! Well, I went to the other XMAS party and had to end up being their entertainment...it was fun!NOT! Still no word from my kids,MAMA is out somewhere with my sis,Annette after the family party. I'm home once again doing what I love best.No, Kimo, I don't have Led Zap or any of that kind of music...I'm more into oldies but goodies,mello music,soul, and of course the 70's!Uhh,also Pinoy kine too. Too bad you don't like Karaoke, cause I sure can sing most anything just like a pro!Honest! So anybody out there know of a place? Tomarrow should be more exciting cause I goin dress um up to kill(no boyfriend)no pun intended! Eh, I gotta find somebody for New Years Eve!Damn if I going be alone...again! I even going act sweet and dainty...heheheh

Comment

Kimo, you're right about XMAS. I was just being lazy and shouldn't cause it is my faith in Jesus Christ that has pulled me up from all the trials and tribulations I have ever gone through! He still contiues to do so. It is only through him that I can meet the man above...GOD!
        Last edited by 1stwahine; December 26, 2004, 03:52 AM. Reason: THE NEW YEAR'S THREAD IS 61,THIS 62

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          and remember;
          when you say:

" Xmas Without Those We Love "

you are "crossing out Christ".
          (at least that's what the christians have been telling me for years!) (no, not years. Fricken' decades.)

...which basically means, you have a christmas without the one ya supposedly love da most; '"Christ"

or no!?
          correct me if I am wrong...

cuz I am open to learning about the youngest/newest religion on the planet.
          I was told that also. But actually, it's a legitimate term. The "X" is the first
          Greek letter for the name of Christ (Xtos). So "Xmas" really means "Christ mass or Christmas." The term has long been used by the Greek Orthodox religion.

Comment

Originally posted by btwnc2c
            I was told that also. But actually, it's a legitimate term. The "X" is the first
            Greek letter for the name of Christ (Xtos). So "Xmas" really means "Christ mass or Christmas." The term has long been used by the Greek Orthodox religion.

Cool!
            Now, all I need is a justification and rejoiner when christians yell at me when I utter; "happy holidays" instead of "mary criss mess".

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              Cool!
              Now, all I need is a justification and rejoiner when christians yell at me when I utter; "happy holidays" instead of "mary criss mess".
              "holiday" = holy day. By using the term "happy holidays" you are acknowledging all religions' holy days around this time of year...including Kwanzaa, which really is supposed to be a harvest festival.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                "holiday" = holy day. By using the term "happy holidays" you are acknowledging all religions' holy days around this time of year...including Kwanzaa, which really is supposed to be a harvest festival.

Miulang

t'aaanks, eh!

thass what i need to be reminded of.
                Mumsy dropped by the other day and hell was unleashed when I wished them happy holidays as they left...
                Like a good mormon gal, she corrected me with a scream;
                "It's Merry Christmas"! Not the generic "Happy Holidays!"

I then replied; oh.. ok, then... uh, "Happy Christmas!" she had a fit with that one, too.
                there's no pleasing some people, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  including Kwanzaa, which really is supposed to be a harvest festival.

Miulang

talk about a young holiday; Kwanzaa was invented/created in 1966. In Los Angeles.
                  As you mention, Miu, it was created as an African-american religious holiday, celebratory of the harvest. Purportedly having its origin in Nubia/Egypt, Africa, but in this region, harvest is in March/april.
                  So why set it from Dec 26 to Jan 1?
                  yes.
                  You are right!

Looking at it closely, it is actually a Thanksgiving celebration, which is a time of feasting and giving thanks to the creator, no matter the word we have for him, them or her or it.

Thus, Thanksgiving is non denominational, in essence, and can be celebrated by all and sundry. But I suppose many may not want to attache themselves to the coattails of a culture or race who creates their traditional holiday... It's natural to want to "grow yer own".

Comment

Das why I can not go insane in the membrain..always learning something everyday. Mahalo! Ok, people, I'm pau cleaning the house...let's talk story! Nah, have a nice day! I'll go back and forth from Hawaii Stories and hea throughout the day. Still looking for a Karaoke Place for tonight. Eh, I getting desperate. I called my ex's mom to come pick up all his things accumutaled for the past eight years. I want to start this year without baggage! Supported him for eight years, I may be going crazy but I also woke up and smelt the roses too. Got pricked a few times(from the thorns of the roses)...heheheh Kimo you're not allowed to cmment on this post! Nah, wats up Bro,still listening to Led Zap?

Comment

Kimo you're not allowed to comment on this post! Nah, wats up Bro,still listening to Led Zap?

ok, I won't.

"Led Zap".
                      priceless!

yep. still sowing my wild rock oats after all these years...

Comment

MAHALO NUI LOA! LED ZAP? WHO DAT? nah, I know...just like the Rolling Stones, yeah?

Comment

Still looking for a Karaoke Place for tonight. Eh, I getting desperate.

eh.
                          howcomezit you don't do a search?

http://www.partypop.com/Categories/K...onolulu_HI.htm

http://phonebook.superpages.com/yell...HI/T-Honolulu/

Comment

KIMO, wat can I say except, it didn't dawn on me. I just use my computer to write and emails only and now Hawaii Threads to keep things simple. Mahalo, I clicked on what you had...so many to choose from now. Moa headache than finding one. I goin make innie minnie minah moa with da finga!
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; December 26, 2004, 11:38 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:12:25 PM. fOUND ONE GOOD ONE(Karaoke Bar) I'll work on the other problem tonight there! It's party time for Aunty Lynn of Chinatown & MWH! Differnce is, tonight I going act sweet,dainty,innocent,all the things that is not me...poor fellow, whoever he is...going SCREAM when he finds out the true me!heheheh Nah, only JOKE! He going scream fror a different reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X