Dish Network and interesting phone call to them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dish Network and interesting phone call to them

I called Dish Network last week to find out about getting another satellite box installed in my already 4-box dual LNB account. They told me four was my limit unless I bought my own multi-switch and purchased another box (the other four were leased). The cost would have been just under $600.

When I asked them if I could simply subscribe to another account and have two dishes up on my roof the guy thought I was nuts although it is a common practice in the upper 48 states.

He said two accounts on one site is not allowed in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico because of the larger dish sizes. I told him I didn't see a problem setting up two or even four dishes on my roof and asked him what he considers "larger" dish sizes. He replied that the larger dishes are the 6-footers and that it is common for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico customers to have those dishes.

Ummmm...no. I told him we're using the standard 20 or 24-inch diameter dishes everywhere in Hawaii. So with that he said it shouldn't be a problem setting up two or more accounts on one household. Apparently the people up at Dish Network think we still live in grass shacks too!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Dish Network and interesting phone call to them

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Apparently the people up at Dish Network think we still live in grass shacks too!

osha and other regulations stricktly prohibit the insallment of more than two 75 lb 6 ft dishes on a standard 3/2 one family pili grass hale dwelling, due to structural support maximum limits...

Comment

Yeah but Kimo, here on the Big Island we use structurally reinforced Ohia Logs to support the Hala thatching. Hala is a more weather resiliant thatch material than standard coconut fronds.

So our roofs are stronger than those made on Oahu which uses the cheaper frond variety imported from elsewhere.

Now with Home Depot opened here in East Hawaii, we too can now take advantage of professional kitchen designs and products in our thatched huts! And finally indoor plumbing! Oh yeah what a blessed invention that is. And it's all available at Home Depot in Hilo!

They even sell this really cool stuff to make stronger huts, it's called concrete! Amazing stuff, just add water and poof solid rock! Eh maybe we can make counterfeit money with the stuff yeah? I tell you da moss rock dollar bill getting a bit heavy to carry around in my grass skirt.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        They even sell this really cool stuff to make stronger huts, it's called concrete! Amazing stuff, just add water and poof solid rock!
        whaaa!?

dayum. what'll they think of next.
        I'll bet Cook and his sailors claim they invented da stuff.

Comment

No comment...not allowed in Mayor Wrights!heheheh How wuz everybody's day?
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
          X