Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGO E-MAIL TEXT from Cingular

Check out this link --> From Cingular : IM E-MAIL TEXT

What does anyone think of this product? Would it be useful? Practical?
    Or would be a waste of $$$ added to the cell phone bill that I already receive?.
    It sounds cool. Once it is sold, they might not sell it any more,
    although they will still honor the service while I am still a customer.
    Should I just stick to my NOKIA 3595 for just having in/out coming calls?
    What's my best bet?.
    Or should I just stick to my home computer as an IM tool?.
    What's your thoughts on this subject?.
    Please Reply. I would really be interested in your input.
    P.S. I do use MSN & Yahoo.

Thank you.

Have a good New year, all.
    Last edited by Serenity; December 30, 2004, 01:20 PM.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: OGO E-MAIL TEXT from Cingular

Gadget nuts have been tracking the Ogo's development for a while. The Ogo is data only, comparable perhaps to the the Blackberry (which can also be data only or have a phone) or the Sidekick/Hiptop (which adds phone features) offered by T-Mobile.

The Ogo costs about $110 and $18/mo. The Blackberry costs $150-$300 depending on the provider (TMobile or ATT/Cingular). The Sidekick is $300 and $30 a month. Whereas the Sidekick is a full web-ready gadget in addition to a cell phone, but the Ogo looks to be more like a "data appliance" - cheaper, simpler, but more limited.

If you're an IM fanatic, I'm sure the Ogo would be great. But I'd hate to carry a separate device with its own monthly fee for just one or two functions. The advantage is the price, and the presumption that what it does, it does well.

FWIW, I'd go with one of the other devices that can be both a phone and an IM, e-mail, and web client. The Blackberry is the simplest and most reasonably priced (and a fairly evolved and elegant device), but the Sidekick is quite popular and, frankly, incredibly cool (browsing the web on it is spectacular).

I recently got a Treo 650. It's primarily a full PalmOS PDA (organizer with contacts, calendar, etc.) and a Sprint cell phone. It also has a web browser and a simple digital camera. But, because the PalmOS is an open system, there's lots of third-party software to extend it into many other areas. Video player, MP3 player, instant messaging (AIM, Y!, MSN, ICQ), ebook reader, and pretty much anything else you can imagine.

It's not cheap. But with many of these devices, the convenience, utility and fun factor counts for a lot. For me, the Treo beats carrying a separate phone, PDA, and even a laptop, or paying separate bills.

Comment

Re: OGO E-MAIL TEXT from Cingular

Pzarquon.... Thank you very much for replying back,
      & for taking the time to give more information.

Oh, btw- cool photos. Next time you travel,
      Can you pay for my RT ticket,
      so I can go with you to your next vacation trip?. (ha ha ha ha)
      I am just kidding.

Cool photos, any way.

Happy New Year!. 2005!.

Aloha.

Thanks again.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
      X