Film camera flash attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film camera flash attachment

I've got an old Canon A-1 SLR which I love, but my Vivitar flash has died. I stupidly left batteries in the flash compartment, and they corroded. So I'm looking for a new inexpensive generic flash attachment. I don't want or need a $200 Canon Speedlite; I'm looking for a $40-$50 hot shoe flash.

This town has a dearth of camera shops; Francis' Camera down on Kapiolani seems to be about it, and they're currently out of the kind of thing I'm looking for, and a little pricy to boot.

Has anyone got a recommendation for mail-order photo suppliers who've provided good service and reasonable prices?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: Film camera flash attachment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
    I've got an old Canon A-1 SLR

i have I think the ae 1.
    great SLR. love that old skool manual film work, altho i do much digital.
    For accessories, see ebay.

Comment

The last fun camera place was SuperSave camera on Young Street. Used to have an assortment of used gear and gadgets for sale there. Sadly the store closed about 3 years ago. Best thing to do now is check eBay.... lots of manual camera gear for sale there.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

There's the Ritz Camera in Ala Moana (in that weird half-floor on the makai side, near Macy's), but without a doubt, even if they had what you want, it'll be marked up 30 percent. I'd go with the Photography section on eBay too. I think you can search specifically for Honolulu sellers, and save yourself some time and shipping.

Comment

and no fo get; pawn shops.
          get ol kine camera supply.
          (get plenn teeey electronic equipment...
          get plentee cam er uh supplyyy...
          but he no geevs to me...
          and he's just a...)

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            There's the Ritz Camera in Ala Moana (in that weird half-floor on the makai side, near Macy's), but without a doubt, even if they had what you want, it'll be marked up 30 percent. I'd go with the Photography section on eBay too. I think you can search specifically for Honolulu sellers, and save yourself some time and shipping.
            I hadn't thought of eBay at all. I just looked and found a Honolulu seller for one that's a distinct upgrade from the Vivitar for a price within my range, so I registered and bid.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

I hadn't thought of eBay at all.

My canon a e 1 has been great for decades.
              den... power winder buss up. NO one had one. Francis camera said; fuggeddaboudit!
              BUT:
              on ebay saw these manufacturers doing aftermarket power winders that fit exactly my camera.

who duh thunk it.

Comment

I hadn't thought of eBay at all. I just looked and found a Honolulu seller for one that's a distinct upgrade from the Vivitar for a price within my range, so I registered and bid.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
                Bingo. I won a Canon Speedlite 188A in mint condition from a Makiki guy; picked it up and paid him for it (thus saving shipping charges) today. Price was $51.00, which is probably about half-off the initial price.

Thanks for the suggestion, guys. I now have a fully-operational film camera system again.

Comment

Working...
                X