Auwe! Times Supermarket Liliha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auwe! Times Supermarket Liliha!

I went to Times- Liliha today. Got the usual items and as I was leaving, I noticed two signs above the frozen turkey section, 99cents. I kept looking at the signs,looking at the frozen turkey's price tags...must have looked confused enough to have an elderly couple stop and look too. Without saying anything the woman said to her husband, "I'll get two ot three!" I thought maybe they had an overload of turkeys so the price was an inhouse special. Just to make sure and to cause anyone else from assuming it was 99 cents each, I called an employee, Robert. He checked it himself and wasn't quite sure......rest of story on my Weblog @ http:www.hawaiistories/lynn/
    (takes me time to write, so it will be on @6:00 pm.)

Anyways, my question is, If one finds a price, in this case two but is told typographical error(written) with an attitude, what course of action should have been taken. I would have paid given a discount for having to find their mistake! It's the priciple, I'm tired of turkeys, anyway. AUWE to Times Real-life turkey's George (Meat Dept), Douglas( Manager)! Mahalo to Robert and Renee. I've been shopping at TIMES LILIHA for the past 30 years, you've just lost a customer!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Auwe! Times Supermarket Liliha!

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    I went to Times- Liliha today. Got the usual items and as I was leaving, I noticed two signs above the frozen turkey section, 99cents. I kept looking at the signs,looking at the frozen turkey's price tags...must have looked confused enough to have an elderly couple stop and look too. Without saying anything the woman said to her husband, "I'll get two ot three!" I thought maybe they had an overload of turkeys so the price was an inhouse special. Just to make sure and to cause anyone else from assuming it was 99 cents each, I called an employee, Robert. He checked it himself and wasn't quite sure......rest of story on my Weblog @ http:www.hawaiistories/lynn/
    (takes me time to write, so it will be on @6:00 pm.)

Anyways, my question is, If one finds a price, in this case two but is told typographical error(written) with an attitude, what course of action should have been taken. I would have paid given a discount for having to find their mistake! It's the priciple, I'm tired of turkeys, anyway. AUWE to Times Real-life turkey's George (Meat Dept), Douglas( Manager)! Mahalo to Robert and Renee. I've been shopping at TIMES LILIHA for the past 30 years, you've just lost a customer!
    The store should have honored the price on the "wrong" sign. It's not your fault you caught their error! If you like cause one big stink, you could probably find someone in the corporate headquarters and go complain to dem.
    But den again, you really like more turkey???

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      If you like cause one big stink, you could probably find someone in the corporate headquarters and go complain to dem.
      But den again, you really like more turkey???

Miulang
      you like spend 20 dollars worth of your time to complain about a couple dollars? For sliced turkey lunchmeat?
      Oh wait,,, was it a whole turkey?!

for a buck!?

wow. salmonella botulism green light special!
      Last edited by kimo55; January 4, 2005, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Given that the sign was in the meat department, I'd assume all prices posted are per pound, even if the "/lb." is missing. It certainly seemed strange enough to prompt you to ask, which was a pretty good clue.

To be sure, the employees should have known immediately what the problem was rather than give "I don't know" as an answer. I suppose they could've also given you a 99 cent turkey to be nice, but I wouldn't have expected or demanded it. It seems to be a pretty innocent mistake.

After all, lots of signs omit the decimal point. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't try to hold a store to a $399 box of crackers, though.

I've found supermarkets relatively good when it comes to pricing errors (no doubt due in part to state law). If a coupon in a book or ad was wrong, they have corrections and apologies posted everywhere. If you dispute a price at the register versus a sign, they'll go and check, and unless you're looking to get a 39 cent radio or something, they (probably with the intervention of a manager) tend to honor the lower price.

Comment

Mahalo! I've calmed downed and yes, Kimo I don't want to waste $20.00 on pursuing a lousy Turkey. I am tired of it anyways. The signs said 99cents in house special while the others said per lb. on the other brands. I just wanted them to know so that others wouldn't ask the same question. To be treated as we did was certainly uncalled for. I couldn't hit him with a frozen turkey...they just recently cleared me from being schizoaffective! Have a nice day and once again thank you for your comments. I just love this Website and Hawaii Stories!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
          X