I got invited to go to China!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got invited to go to China!!!

For the National Youth Leadership Forum.

I went to Austin, Texas for the Young Technology Leaders Summit in 2002, but I wouldn't imagine them going to China (or out of the country) anytime soon.

Its during summer, so it looks like I'll be busy this summer (with this, and a Law Enforcement Explorer Comepetition).

My Mom will be sacrificing a lot to let me go, but I'll try and make her proud.

I'm too excited to think about anything else. Wish me luck!!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: I got invited to go to China!!!

Originally posted by adri1456
    For the National Youth Leadership Forum.

I went to Austin, Texas for the Young Technology Leaders Summit in 2002, but I wouldn't imagine them going to China (or out of the country) anytime soon.

Its during summer, so it looks like I'll be busy this summer (with this, and a Law Enforcement Explorer Comepetition).

My Mom will be sacrificing a lot to let me go, but I'll try and make her proud.

I'm too excited to think about anything else. Wish me luck!!
    Maybe that's why you couldn't find a place to work...GOD is good and blesses those who do good to. Congrat's on your trip to China but be crareful. You deserve the trip from what I've been told! GOD BLESS AND GODSPEED!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
      Maybe that's why you couldn't find a place to work...GOD is good and blesses those who do good to. Congrat's on your trip to China but be crareful. You deserve the trip from what I've been told! GOD BLESS AND GODSPEED!
      Hopefully I can concentrate on my school before then.

Comment

Hopefully I can concentrate on my school before then.
        You betta. Odawise, people going say, "eh, howcome he stay going China foa one leadership dakine, when he cannot finish his school kine stuff first?"

Keep yoa eye on your final goal!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I had time to think about this before I slept last night, and the more I think about it, the more I don't want to go.

Things has changed since I went to my last technology summit in 2002, and now, I'm attending collge (which is stressfull in itself), I have to help my Mom with the foster home business (take care of elderly people who needs help with their hospital wounds and just staying alive), and if I go, then I'll be putting a great burden on my parents to get the $5,000, just for a tourist trip!! And if I continue my college education, then I have to take off for 2 weeks, putting me behind in my already delayed graduation date.

I don't know. I've really changed since the last time, and I know that this will help me in some way, but I just don't feel like taking this trip, and leaving what I already planned for the future.

Comment

I had time to think about this before I slept last night, and the more I think about it, the more I don't want to go.
            If your parents can swing it, then I really think you should go. You might never have another chance to visit China and it will look good on your resume that you attended an international leadership conference.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Besides, it looks like they have scholarships, too. Betta go apply foa one, yeah?

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Besides, it looks like they have scholarships, too. Betta go apply foa one, yeah?

Miulang
                Second that motion. It might be a once-in-a-lifetime event; if it were me I'd try to pull every string I could to do it.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                X