New City Director Called Racist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New City Director Called Racist!

Goodness gracious! First day and some are gasing the new City Director as being racist! I hate Rumors...Give the new administration a chance at least. Our new mayor is of Samoan/German ancestry married to an oriental woman. I personally don't think he would tolerate anyone being a Racist! Mr. Reed is married to a Japanese-American woman too. However, I think he should have disclosed the lawsuit regarding the words in question, that is being brought to light. Sometimes, to keep from spending to much, one has to settle even if one is right...people just like to make money even if it's not truthful. Good Luck to the New Administration. Day One and it starts...
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: New City Director Called Racist!

Here are some citations for background. I think KITV broke the story first (noting that a simple web search for Reed turned up this article on the lawsuit), but the dailies followed up with more detail.

Appointee sued in race case
    Leila Fujimori, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, January 6, 2005
    John Reed was sued by three black women in 2003 while he was head of BriteSmile Inc., according to the Contra Costa Times. The suit alleged Reed called one of the plaintiffs "Aunt Jemima," referred to an Asian employee as "Mr. Sushi," and another woman as a "half-breed" after he heard her speaking German on the phone, the Dec. 24, 2003, article reported.
    Top city nominee settled race lawsuit
    Curtis Lum, Honolulu Advertiser, January 6, 2005
    It was in his role as chief executive officer of BriteSmile that Reed was named in a lawsuit filed in December 2003 by three former company employees. The three black women alleged that Reed created a racially discriminatory work environment and also made crude racial remarks to them, according to the Contra Costa Times of California.

Comment

Re: New City Director Called Racist!

OH!OH! Kukai does not even come close. Makes a big dent for the City Council to approve him, duh? Wonder if he'll resign before they take a vote?

Comment

Re: New City Director Called Racist!RESIGNS!

Oh!OH! I had a hunch something like this would happen...he resigns! Second day and DRAMA continues! Nobody is smiling BRITE today at Honolulu Hale. (no pun intended)heheheh

Comment

Working...
        X