I guess the holidays are over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the holidays are over

My older brother is probably on his flight back to Michigan for school, and my cousin is celebrating her 6th bday.

For his farewell (late) lunch/(early) dinner, my Mom went all out, and ordered take out, and invited our closest relatives (we wanted it to be small, and we don't want to bring out the chairs in the garage) to say our good byes.

We literally had some sort of gathering every week since he came on Dec 21st, and my stomach is moaning everytime we have gatherings like this.

When did the holidays end for you guys?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: I guess the holidays are over

It's not! Grandson is coming into the WORLD any hour now, my 16th birthday is on the 14th(HAHAHA)...and fireworks gonna pop when I meet the right guy!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I think my holidays ended a week before Christmas. December was a month filled with weird occurances.

The first week of December was having a malfunctioning alarm system at home which got me all bent out of shape thinking someone broke into our home.

On top of that, CHP decided to award me with a traffic ticket. Guilty as charged, I suppose.

The big kicker was being stranded on the side of the road with some car issues. Unfortunately, it was a non-warranty repair which set me back a bit. Scrooge hit me big time afterwards. Luckily that issue didn't cause an accident.

Comment

ok; "When did the holidays end for you guys?"

Well, our holidays never seem to end, I am blessed with miracles daily.

...although I recently discovered I have many car issues, (May, July and I think December.. well, ok. just 3 issues...) God hisself spoke to me recently and chided me. Roundly gave me a talking to, he did! The result? I resolved to not expect to continue complaining about simply having just issues, but drop the other shoe and get a dag blasted subscription!

yea. ok so... uuhh... daily miracles and blessings. oh yea;

My uncles Nephew is having a baby! whoopeee! hehehe! I am so happy.

And lil Nellie just got an abortion.
        bless her heart.
        she'll be in the money now!
        (I'm sure there is someone she can sue!)

Our neighbor Freddy Fonebone's house got levelled by a lava flow and boy what a cool fire it made. So now, hey, wow! We have a fabulous unobstructed view down to Diamond Head! Happy happy joy joy!
        While that ol' lava tore through that troublesome structural distraction, We tossed a neigborhood stray dog in, and all and sundry enjoyed an impromptu luau! Yuuum! Summgood!

Oh and Little Jimmy has wandered from home. He disappeared December 26th. We have not heard from him since Dec. 26th because that was the last time we heard from him. I am very worried and quite concerned. Well, not THAT worried.. OK, we think about it now and then...
        (he left a note; something about not getting everything he wanted for christmas...)

But ya know, that lil whippersnapper was a fairly independent kid, anyway. And boy could he eat like a horse! My wife pointed out, with him "away"... we will be saving about $138.00 per month on the grocery bill! Woopee! Our good lord Jesus certainly moves in mysterious ways, don't he, people!?

yes... yes indeed yes, blessings as if the holidays never end, here in our part of town!
        Last edited by kimo55; January 8, 2005, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          ok; "When did the holidays end for you guys?"

Well, our holidays never seem to end, I am blessed with miracles daily.

yea. ok so... uuhh... daily miracles and blessings. oh yea;

My uncles Nephew is having a baby! whoopeee! hehehe! I am so happy.

And lil Nellie just got an abortion.
          bless her heart.
          she'll be in the money now!
          (I'm sure there is someone she can sue!)

yes... yes indeed yes, blessings as if the holidays never end, here in our part of town!
          Bro Kimo, I'm a New Grandma, my late husband is not here to enjoy....I used to laugh at your somewhat off the wall jokes but my current situations makes it offensive that you would write the way you did...anyways, yes we are all blessed one in one way or another, even if we have SICK minds.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            offensive that you would write the way you did...anyways, yes we are all blessed one in one way or another, even if we have SICK minds.

well, just tryin' ta offer a lil sumpin for everyone here.

yep; equal opportunity offender.
            Tuff job, but somebody's gotta do it.

but all seriousness aside, things have been happening to me in my private life and I am dealing with it my way.
            You deal with it in your way, too. Give someone a lil room to post and vent also.
            Last edited by kimo55; January 8, 2005, 10:44 PM.

Comment

actually, my only motivation was to get my post qty up to:

yippee! congrats, kimo da man!

ahem.
              sorry...

Comment

My Christmas never really happened. Neither did Thanksgiving, really. And New Year got rained out. I'm just danged elated that 2004 is kaput. 2005 may not be all that swell for me, so long as our guys are still over in Iraq killing innocents and being killed by Iraqis who want us out of their country, thankyouverymuch. As long as there are places like Darfur, Sudan, where thousands of people are being killed in a civil war and through starvation; in the Congo, where more political unrest is causing many more people to be killed (although our media doesn't report on it), as long as the Zionists insist that the Palestinians don't deserve a place to call their own.

Hell, the stumpy little Noble Christmas tree we bought down the street didn't even smell like pine for some odd reason this year.

And it's snowing here today.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  but all seriousness aside, things have been happening to me in my private life and I am dealing with it my way.
                  You deal with it in your way, too. Give someone a lil room to post and vent also.
                  Ok. The difference between me and you is I try not to offend anyone.(Here @ Hawaii Threads) If I do, then I apologize. Yes, we have to give a lil room for others to VENTILATE their way too. Take a look the past two weeks in who posted more, you or me? HAHAHAHAHA Your comments has always made me laugh,smile...remember the one I was rolling on the floor whith laughter? I hope and pray that you will find the answers you seek. It's hard to go through life having it bottled-up, I know. Been there, done that. Now, I understand why you write the way you do. So, BRO KIMO...Ventilate and tell it the way you know how to best. Das why you should write @ Hawaii Stories! Good Luck and GOD BLESS you and your family, GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Comment

For me, the holidays ended when I stepped off an airplane in Boston on Jan 6th. My grandfather passed away on Dec 11th. His wake and burial were on Dec 27th & 28th. I left for Hawaii early Christmas morning and arrived in Honolulu on Christmas night.

This Christmas was really kinda weird. I had to get all the shopping and wrapping done for my mainland and Hawaii ohana's Christmas before I left. This plus fill orders. I shipped Hawaii ohana gifts ahead of time. Then when I got to Honolulu I attended the wake and funeral. Since I was the oldest grandchild, I read "grandpa's memories" at the wake. It was a sad time for our ohana and around us everyone was celebrating the holidays and the coming new year. There were several days of rain but it was beautiful and sunny the day we buried my grandfather.

It was also gorgeous the day I left. My husband called me in the morning and told me that I'd be flying into another snow storm! The flight from Honolulu to Dallas was fine and without any incident. When I got to Dallas, my flight to Boston had been cancelled but I was able to book an earlier flight. The flight was full as there were others who's flight to Boston had been cancelled the night before. It was snowing thick, fluffy snow when we landed in Boston.
                    Lovena

Comment

My Condolences. Your writing made me feel and see what you were describing! Chicken Skin...

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        ......I used to laugh at your somewhat off the wall....
                        ...image just popped into my head...

I can just imagine the level of international widespread pandemonious incredulity; 1st wahine is calling Kimo; "off the wall"....

Comment

and then some.................KIMO!

Comment

So Kimo what's up with your holidays? Come on man we're like family here and if life's dealt you a crappy hand, we're here for you!

Just tell us you're venting so we don't take it personally okay? I tell you the holidays can be a bitch at times. Ain't it nice to know you can talk about it on this board and still stay

Hang in there buddy
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                              So Kimo what's up with your holidays? Come on man we're like family here and if life's dealt you a crappy hand, we're here for you!

Just tell us you're venting so we don't take it personally okay? I tell you the holidays can be a bitch at times. Ain't it nice to know you can talk about it on this board and still stay

Hang in there buddy

mahalos craig. but what and why would you take personally?
                              (I give YOU more credit than that!)

Basically, I'm here to entertain myself and the 3 or so people who read my junk, not to bore the world with an internet version of reality tv by spewing every little bit of emotional and domestic effluvia that pops into my head...
                              Not SAYING that is being done here, I just don't wanna go there.
                              Last edited by kimo55; January 10, 2005, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X