Tuesday Night at Hawaii Theater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Night at Hawaii Theater

Dana Gioia, the head of the National Endowment for the Arts is in town and will be among many to take the stage at the Hawaii Theater Tuesday night at 7.

Others on the bill include the Iona Conemporary Dance Theatre, Kenny Endo, the T-Shirt theatre, Auntie Genoa Keawe, Makana (woo-hoo!) and groups from the Hawaii Opera Theatre and the Honolulu Theatre for Youth.

Gioia will deliver a talk and read some poetry.

There's a short interview with Gioia in Sunday's Advertiser, in which Gioia says, "The bad news, mostly in the area of arts education, is that a whole generation is being raised without the benefit of instruction in the arts. It will be dismal if this continues. We're a society that depends on creativity and innovation; Americans do not compete with the rest of the world in cheap labor or cheap ingredients. We cut various programs that (encourage) ingenuity and creativity, and that's bad."

I am so there. Anyone want to join me afterward for a little discussion and coffee?
    Last edited by scrivener; January 10, 2005, 09:03 AM. Reason: fixed bad link
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com
Working...
X