More goodies from the Internatl Electronics Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More goodies from the Internatl Electronics Show

Keep your eyes on Vonage. At the electronics show in Las Vegas, they announced they will be producing a wireless phone set using their VOIP, portable Wi-Fi handsets and a videophone. So if you get tired of Carlyle or whatever your carrier ends up being, you can switch to VOIP and Vonage.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1749092,00.asp

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: More goodies from the Internatl Electronics Show

Some of the "weirder" stuff being pitched at the consumer electronics show in Lost Wages:

An internet device for the kitchen that makes coffee and lets you surf from the same appliance, listen to the latest hiphop DVDs that comes with a washable keyboard.

A way to use streaming media attached to your blogs to do "vblogging".

A Dolby sound system attached to a "garishy loud" covered easy chair...

All can be had, for a price.

Miulang

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-5...tag=zdnn.alert
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      An internet device for the kitchen that makes coffee and lets you surf from the same appliance, listen to the latest hiphop DVDs that comes with a washable keyboard.

I want a keyable washboard to clean my clothes in the kitchen sink while I surf the net on my microwave-oven juice extractor cell phone electric toothbrush automatic-toilet plunger coffee maker organ grinder appliance.

Comment

I'm still waiting for all cellular phones to have a standard USB connection so I don't have to keep buying proprietary data cables everytime I switch phones.

Or a laptop with a photovoltiac panel on the cover to charge it's batteries.
        Last edited by craigwatanabe; January 10, 2005, 04:22 PM.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          I'm still waiting for all cellular phones to have a standard USB connection so I don't have to keep buying proprietary data cables everytime I switch phones.
          Yeah, it'll be like using the same electrical outlets all over the world (it'll never happen).
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

At least we still use the same electrical outlets in the US and that's good enough for me.

Come on Adrian, you gotta think positive! Look if the US and the Soviets could come up with a universal docking ring to link the Apollo and Soyuz spacecrafts together, why can't we get Nokia and Samsung to do the same?

I mean why can't we all just get along here.

But you're right we'll probably see the legalization of crack before we see a USB port on all cell phones.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              At least we still use the same electrical outlets in the US and that's good enough for me.

Come on Adrian, you gotta think positive! Look if the US and the Soviets could come up with a universal docking ring to link the Apollo and Soyuz spacecrafts together, why can't we get Nokia and Samsung to do the same?

I mean why can't we all just get along here.

But you're right we'll probably see the legalization of crack before we see a USB port on all cell phones.
              Motorola's cell phones used to have a weird way of recharging it. The data cable's end that connects to the phone was flat, instead of Nokia's regular AC adaptor.

I don't know if they still use that now, but it'll take a while to convert everyone (including Samsung, Motorola, Nokia, Audiovox, Sony Ericson, and Kyrocera).
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
              X