Hottest new band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottest new band?

Part of an item posted on CNN's website (this is only part, so as not to violate copyright rules):

"NEW YORK (AP) -- At a downtown club, Tommy Ramone listened carefully to a band unlike any other. On drums: The U.S. ambassador to Russia. On lead guitar: The Hungarian ambassador to the United States.
    "They're great!" declared Ramone, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    The C.J.T.F. Band -- an insiders' reference to NATO Combined Joint Task Force -- also includes Assistant Secretary of State Lincoln Bloomfield Jr. on bass guitar and guitarist Dan Poneman, an old Washington hand and an authority on North Korea. At stage center was a defense and intelligence technology consultant, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, for years the guitarist of the Doobie Brothers."

You can read the whole item at
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/01/1...z/index.html#0

Hey, ya gotta love a band whose name is "Combined Joint Task Force"! Especially given that a former Doobie Brother is in that Joint Task Force.
    Last edited by LikaNui; January 10, 2005, 11:28 AM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Hottest new band?

Originally posted by LikaNui
    Hey, ya gotta love a band whose name is "Combined Joint Task Force"! Especially given that a former Doobie Brother is in that Joint Task Force.

.......perfect!

Comment

Re: Hottest new band?

Originally posted by kimo55
      .......perfect!
      And, of course, I'm sure he didn't inhale.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
      X