Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiber [ -optic] to the Home Will we ever see it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiber [ -optic] to the Home Will we ever see it ?

Not likely in the near future. Since The Carlyle Group's purchase
    of Verizon Hawaii is probably going to get rubber stamped.It
    is unlikely we'll see FTTH.

The reasons are these. TCG is probably going to own Verizon Hawaii for only 5 years, too short of a time to go on a massive
    FTTH statewide installation. Also Verizon is one of the few companies capable of installing fiber on a statewide scale.

Thus it is really likely that people living on DHHL lands will see
    FTTH before people living on non-DHHL lands will see it.

[End of Rant]
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Fiber [ -optic] to the Home Will we ever see it ?

Originally posted by Aaron S
    Not likely in the near future. Since The Carlyle Group's purchase
    of Verizon Hawaii is probably going to get rubber stamped.It
    is unlikely we'll see FTTH.

The reasons are these. TCG is probably going to own Verizon Hawaii for only 5 years, too short of a time to go on a massive
    FTTH statewide installation. Also Verizon is one of the few companies capable of installing fiber on a statewide scale.

Thus it is really likely that people living on DHHL lands will see
    FTTH before people living on non-DHHL lands will see it.

[End of Rant]
    We have Verizon as one of our local carriers in this area, and let me tell you, their service ain't that great. But then, neither is Qwest's (the other incumbent). Most of the time, if they run fiber, they usually end up cutting somebody else's utility line, at least that's what happened whenever my company has had them dig trenches to lay fiber. Carlyle is only in it for the quick money (or so they think).

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X