Bad Bathrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Bathrooms

I don't know about you, but Ala Moana Shopping Center has one ofhte worst public bathrooms ever!!!

When I went in yesterday (the ones by Borders) I entered a stall, which was full of waste. The water was brown, but I had to use that stall because every other stall/urinal was used. After I was done with my business, the air quickly filled with the waste (I guess I "mixed up" the liquid, reviving the stench). Luckily, I was out of there ASAP, and I vowed never to go in there again (the ones near the food court is kept clean though). Next time, if I need to use the bathroom, I know that I can go across the street to school and use their bathrooms.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Bad Bathrooms

Last week I had quite the opposite experience. The cleanest and sweet smelling Public Bathroom I've ever had to use. I went to Verizon at Ward. Downstairs at the opposite side of the building, in the back of Dairy Queen theres a Public Restroom(ground floor).

Worst Public Restroom...Aala Park(you can see the filth from the street).
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's hard to fault Ala Moana Shopping Center for it's bad bathrooms especially since those bathrooms service the transient crowds that frequent the center and the nearby bus depot as well as adjacent Ala Moana Beach not to mention the large volume of actual customers and window shoppers that go to the mall in the first place.

Really the fault lies with those who use the bathrooms and don't have the decency to clean up after their mess! At least dogs lick themselves!

Maybe there should be a system at the center where entrance into the bathrooms are limited to patrons only. One of the big problems I saw at Ala Moana were the beachgoers that park under the Mauka side parking lot and walk across the center and go to the beach. On the way back they track in sand and leave the place a wet/sandy mess.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

More than once a brainstorming bunch of friends have proposed a site featuring restroom reviews. It wouldn't make any money, but it could be fun. And funny!
        Maybe there should be a system at the center where entrance into the bathrooms are limited to patrons only.
        "This weekend's Macy's special: Spend more than $50 and receive two extra bathroom passes!" Or: "Welcome to Ala Moana Restroom Services. Please scan a bar code from any Ala Moana receipt for access to this stall."

Actually, pay toilets are a common way for users to subsidize the maintenance of the facilities. In fact, I'm sure there are places where they have "regular" and "premium" toilets. The existing toilets can be operated as is, but you can have $1 bathrooms upstairs with nicer Muzak and cloth towels!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          More than once a brainstorming bunch of friends have proposed a site featuring restroom reviews. It wouldn't make any money, but it could be fun. And funny!
          "This weekend's Macy's special: Spend more than $50 and receive two extra bathroom passes!" Or: "Welcome to Ala Moana Restroom Services. Please scan a bar code from any Ala Moana receipt for access to this stall."

Actually, pay toilets are a common way for users to subsidize the maintenance of the facilities. In fact, I'm sure there are places where they have "regular" and "premium" toilets. The existing toilets can be operated as is, but you can have $1 bathrooms upstairs with nicer Muzak and cloth towels!
          That would probably work, because at my school, they have their bathrooms locked. The only way to enter them, is to input a code. But I thought of a lot of problems with that if it goes public like a shopping center.

Comment

Hmmm, I don't think the Ala Moana facilities are all that bad. Just walk across the street to the Beach Park and try those!

Comment

What you guys need are those self-cleaning toilet kiosks like we have up here. For a quarter, you get a nice, clean facility and about 5 minutes of privacy.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

You mean like this one? I remember seeing this technology at O'Hare Airport in Chicago.

Comment

Yeah, kinda like that. When you flush da lua, da ting cleans itself! The outside looks like a regular Porta Potty gone uptown (usually stainless steel) with a door that will only slide open if you put in a quarter.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The homless guys around Union Square in SF just camp out in them (the self cleaning bathrooms).
                    I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

It only took a couple of weeks to let the new bathrooms at the Waipahu Transit Center to smell. When I walked by them today, I had to hold my breath. If they smell that bad, then I hate to use them (plus, there's the library a few yards away).

Comment

Not so much a "Bad" bathroom as a too bad situation. A few years ago we went to Sherwood forest (waimanalo) and there were two really choice wall paintings, otherwise known as graffiti in the men's room. a beaufiful and tastefully done woman's face and a nice beach scene. Then awhile later we went back and they had been painted over by gray paint and the areas were now just tagged with scribbles. what a bummer!
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Yeah but graffiti is graffiti. Just because it was nicely done don't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                            Hmmm, I don't think the Ala Moana facilities are all that bad. Just walk across the street to the Beach Park and try those!
                            Better yet, go to one of the more 'colorful' Asian countries (say Nepal or India) and get a whole new perspective on the whole issue! Right, Albert?

Actually the public restrooms in NY seem positively subcontinental compared to the ones back home, but maybe that's just selective memory?

Comment

asian toilets are weird. its just a hole in the ground and you sqaut to #2. plus some dont even have walls, in some of the places in china ive been to (many, many years ago).
                              for some reason this thread reminds me of the 'dirtiest toilet in scotland' ala Trainspotting.
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X