NES Legend of Zelda Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NES Legend of Zelda Game?

I have an old 8-bit Nintendo that I'm fond of and will not part with any time soon. However, the "classic games" missing from my collection are the Zelda games. If anybody has a working copy of a Zelda game he or she is willing to part with for free, please let me know! I don't use the Nintendo often, but sometimes friends like to revisit their childhood by playing some of the games, and they tend to be disappointed when they discover that the gold cartridge I have is in fact NOT a Zelda game...

Put that old Zelda cartridge gathering dust in your house to use and donate it to me!

Thanks.

Re: NES Legend of Zelda Game?

You can find NES games on the internet, via ROMs and Nintendo Emulators. Nintendo doesn't care unless you're trying to emulate games from fairly recent game systems.

Comment

if all else fails ebay!
      808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
      kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
      http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

I've always found Toys N' Joys to be an excellent used-game source.

Comment

I've looked on eBay a couple of years ago for those Legend of Zelda games and was surprised at how much they were going for--and that was before S&H to HI. I want the original game cartridge, not ROM/emulators. If I can't play it on the original game console, it just isn't the same. Last month I even bought a replacement pin to fix that common problem the old NES systems had where the bent pins would result in blinking games. (I did buy that from the Internet--and it came with great instructions that made installing the pin very easy, even for someone as tools-challenged as me. )

I was just hoping someone who hoards stuff might still have their old NES games lying around--my parents are packrats and have our old games still--but I don't have the Legend of Zelda game in that collection.

I'll check out the other suggestions. Thanks!

Comment

The one problem you may have with a cartridge nowadays is that the save game battery life lasted only 5 years or so. I believe before the SNES was released, Nintendo started to make cartridges without batteries that saved games -- so possibly a classic Zelda rerelease wouldn't have the battery problem. Otherwise you'd have to start all over again everytime you shut the game off.

Comment

Working...
            X