Overexposed in Hawai`i (2004 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overexposed in Hawai`i (2004 Edition)

Okay, let's have them: the names of local personalities who seemed to pop up everywhere we turned, well beyond our saturation points. Pehaps this last bit of exposure here on Hawaii Threads will be an act of purging for us all.

Heavens, I hope so.

I'm going to start with Michelle Wie.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Overexposed in Hawai`i (2004 Edition)

Originally posted by scrivener
    Okay, let's have them: the names of local personalities who seemed to pop up everywhere we turned, well beyond our saturation points.
    Tiny Tadani instantly came to mind.
    And I have to disagree with you about Michelle Wie, cuz I think she's earned the attention. As long as she's newsworthy, no problem there!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Disagree on Michelle Wie, as well. She might be overexposed now, and whenever there's a major golf tournament, but it's not like she's doing the Jordan Segundo thing and appearing in ads for Subway and doing PSAs for everything under the sun. And while I'm no fan of golf (though not quite as anti-golf as my wife), I appreciate that there's skill involved, and I'm happy that Michelle is both garnering national attention for her abilities at age 14 but also that she is up front about being young and having a lot to learn about golf, and about life.

Golf fans are watching her grow up, and empathizing (and sometimes overanalyzing) her growing pains. But for the rest of us, she's just a neat "local girl does good" story.

I'm happy to say that Jasmine Trias hasn't been half as overexposed as I'd expected her to be... but I'm sure that's due to her strict contract terms preventing extra-Idol activities. When her gig with them is up, I'm sure we'll see her selling sandwiches and telling us to stop littering as well.

Tiny Tadani is always on my list. His name served as the catalyst for this infamous local celebrity bashing thread on HawaiiStories. I didn't see as much of him last year than I used to, though... I think he's been surpassed by Augie Tulba. Not only can you not see him, but you can't stop hearing him as well.

Comment

I'm going with the American Idull kids.

Any is too much.

Comment

Working...
        X