Getting Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Together

I had a wonderful 49th Birthday Celebration! I had invited AbsoluteChaos to my party or meet her in Chinatown to drop off some food if my party at home was swinging.Well, it was. I hurriedly made plates even chantilly cake slices, took the cab to Chinatown and went looking for her. Finally we got together and all I can say is, she is ABSOLUTELY a darling and her friends are friendly as well as beautiful too. They gave me a lei for my BD which I thought was so sweet. I had to get back to my party but left with a great impression about all of them(my kid's age). I usually have my parties in Chinatown but it's not the same anymore. Even my best friend's bar seems weird to me. I'm growing in the LORD once again and my eyes are being opened to other things that are more meaningful. I look forward in meeting others from Hawai'i Threads and Hawai'i Stories together, can't wait till something is planned for a Pot Lock Picnic! Eh, wait a minute...anyone interested in helping to create and maintain a POT LOCK Planning Committee, information,etc. Ryan, is it ok with you? More likely date would be either in March or April 2005...better weather!
    Magic Island at Ala Moana
    100.00%
    Kakaako Waterfront Park
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Meeting A Fellow Poster From Hawaii Threads!

You are so kind!

I enjoyed meeting you too, and I look forward to meeting others at any future potlucks...

Shilpa

Comment

RE: POTLUCK????

May I join in, to??? *please.*

March and April is a really cool month to have it, but
      although, I am quite booked on March 6th, &
      the last 2 week of March. My hubby & I
      are planning to be in Las Vegas
      for those last 2 weeks.

I would really love to go & join in, if that is ok
      with you all??? Though I really don't
      want to feel & make it look like that I am
      intruding, or encroaching in your affairs.

Please LMK if I can, &/or anything I can bring
      as a food to share with others as well.

Well Aloha, gang. Have good & Blessed week.

P.S. I will try to bring something that everyone
      would like, at least. What does everybody like
      to eat, here in Hawaii Thread ??

Serenity.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

OK everybody, anybody else want to be on the planning committee?

Serenity, Mahalo! April 2 or 3 would be an excellent day since it's after Fool's Day!(no pun intended) I just had to throw that in. Seriously, it would be up to the committee in choosing a date by majority, which I personally would like it to be in April too. More time to plan. All I need is five others to plan and see this through. This Pot Lock will be a combination of posters from Hawaii Stories and Hawaii Threads.

Any ideas and volunteers out there? Come'on and be part of something that will ROCK the island. Good Food, laughs, stories, meeting one another and blessed that we live in America!

Food,Set-up,Clean-Up,Drinks and Desserts.

Comment

Re: Getting Together

ALOHA EVERYONE! I forgot to mention paper products, plastic utensils and especially each and everyone of you! Don't be shy...I not going bite! We all like family here and plus we get to meet others from our sister website. Oh,oh!...I better put a notice there too! Help Ryan!

Comment

I think a get together will be fun, but don't sweat the details! We've had HawaiiStories gatherings where only four people came. I certainly don't think we need a planning committee yet. Just a date and place and a list of who's bringing what.

Early April works for me, so I'll put in an early vote for Saturday, April 2. Just out of habit, I'll also propose Magic Island as our venue, though if anyone has any better ideas, I'd love to hear 'em. Finally, as for stuff to bring, I'll bring a canopy tent and sign, a table or two, and rice.

How's that for a start?

Comment

Ok, that's a GO! April 2, 2005 Saturday Set-up time approx. 9:00 am. Lunch starts 12:00 pm. Pot Lock! Everybody at Hawai'i Threads and Hawai'i Stories WELCOME! "HAWAI'I STORIES AND THREADS OHANA GET TOGETHER 2005"

Can anyone make a sign or two to display that day?

Comment

I'd love to go.. wait for me 'til 2007 I guess I'll be there surfin' in Hawaii...

Jasmine's a good surfer I guess she could teach me how lol
                AMERICA VOTES 2008: VOTE FOR JJK & KUCINICH!

http://www.freewebs.com/vote4dreamteam
                Mahalo!

Comment

Originally posted by waikikiluau
                  I'd love to go.. wait for me 'til 2007 I guess I'll be there surfin' in Hawaii...

Jasmine's a good surfer I guess she could teach me how lol
                  You sent me a private message regarding the Pot Luck...I replied but kinda figured something was amiss. Now it's clear to me with this post...no wonder they call you "wacky" on other forums, you're a KID! Will see you in 2007 at that year's Pot Luck. Now be a good little Boy! I'm being serious here. Nah, ALL IS GOOD!

Comment

Right now I can make it on April 2nd at Magic Island. Don't know what to bring at this time but I can be flexible enough to bring what is needed (I suppose I can finalize about a week or two before the actual event).

As a suggestion maybe we could narrow down the starting time a little bit, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but a setup time of 9am and we eat at 12noon sounds kind of a long time to see food just sitting there.

Also once the starting time is more or less finalized maybe a new thread could be started somewhere with a peice also on hawaiistories.com as well.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      Right now I can make it on April 2nd at Magic Island. Don't know what to bring at this time but I can be flexible enough to bring what is needed (I suppose I can finalize about a week or two before the actual event).

As a suggestion maybe we could narrow down the starting time a little bit, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but a setup time of 9am and we eat at 12noon sounds kind of a long time to see food just sitting there.

Also once the starting time is more or less finalized maybe a new thread could be started somewhere with a peice also on hawaiistories.com as well.
                      Helen,mahalo! Yes, that's what I needed. Feedback! Got some on personal messages too and on my email! I'm so excited! Your suggestion for set-up makes sense. How about an hour before serving. 11:00 am. Do you know anyone that makes Banners? We need something so that our Ohana don't go walking around the entire area. I'll have someone there early in the morning to save a spot. Any suggestions as to what area at magic island anyone? I don't know how to post a notice on Hawaii Stories. Help Please! mahalo....can't wait to meet everybody.

Comment

Where at Magic Island? First available tree with a park bench under it. We tend to gravitate toward the Marina side, maybe halfway in (toward the rock-enclosed cove).

I have a HawaiiStories banner. If I don't have a HawaiiThreads one by then, everyone should just look for that one... or, perhaps more easily, just look for a mismatched bunch of people who look like they should spend more time outdoors.

And I'll post something "official" to HawaiiStories, but much closer to the date in question, when we have a better idea of what's going on.
                        Last edited by pzarquon; January 21, 2005, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Are we still planning to do this?
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yiippeee! I am. Can't wait to meet you all who can make it. Should be very interesting and I get to thank the man in person, "Ryan" for introducing me into a whole new world of expressing one's self.

Comment

April 2 is three weeks away. I take it is still okay for that date at Magic Island?

10am starting time be okay (previous gatherings started around that time)?

Still haven't decided on what to bring yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X