AI and HawaiiThreads.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI and HawaiiThreads.com

Heh...wanna see how good your board's servers are and get beaucoup people to see where you're at?

Just give me the ok to post your board as an alternate site to next weeks AI east coast spoiler threads that Mahina and I do over at the HA board. I can put the link into the first post I do to set up the thread so people have a chance to register etc. You'll get lots of people looking the place over and maybe joining up.

American Idol will be on Monday, Tuesday and the results Wednsday. Mon and Tues won't be too bad, but Wens you'll get slammed the first time the HA board crashes.

Can you, or do you, want to deal with that?

Re: AI and HawaiiThreads.com

Aloha e Peshkwe! I'm one of those who do look for those AI spoilers as the workday draws to a close, so I don't need to actually watch anything but the results when I get home to my TiVo... and I definitely appreciated your posting spoilers here, when all the other fora got slammed!

I'm game if you are, although I wonder if HawaiiThreads.com servers are actually any more robust than the others. It would certainly be a good test of our capacity! The most sessions we've ever had at once is 161... I know the Advertiser forums you're talking about get up to 300-400.

What the heck. Bring it on!

Comment

I don't think it was the number of people on the boards that crashed it, it was that everyone and their cousin was hitting refresh non-stop! LOL!

Kelly808 asked me to hit you up over this way when the HA boards kept going buh-bye the week before.

Comment

Oh....and Boozhoo!!!

Comment

What? Oh! Boozhoo to you too! I hope you'll come by often, and maybe talk story about other things too!

Comment

Oh by the way.....

How would you want me to handle the spoiler threads?

Is it ok for me to post a new thread with a similar subject header to the HA spoiler threads? Do you want it to be double spoilered or can it be an open thread as long as the header/subject line states it's a spoiler? I don't really know how confuzzled folks would be coming in and having to play with the spoiler feature if they aren't familiar with the way boards work.

Comment

That's a good question. I think if it's a separate thread just for spoilers (which is what I set up without really thinking about it), double protecting visitors with the special, super nifty spoiler button isn't really neccessary. I would think that the special tag would be used in a more general conversation, maybe about a movie or a puzzle or game (or maybe, as I've seen elsewhere, to deliver the punchline to a joke!). A thread with a clear 'spoiler' title, ontherwise, should be warning enough for people who want to avoid the whole thing.

I would think you'd start a spoiler thread, and if people want to comment on it in progress they'd do it there... but once the show airs in Hawaii, things can go back to a more general American Idol thread.

Whatever's the least complicated for you and everyone and yet won't ruin things for others! I'm not much of a veteran of the spoiling game!

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                What? Oh! Boozhoo to you too! I hope you'll come by often, and maybe talk story about other things too!
                Google's cool ennit? LOL!

I'll probably jump in here and there if I see something. More than likely I'll lurk for awhile tho and get a feel for the place, that's what I did over at HA for a long time anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                  That's a good question. I think if it's a separate thread just for spoilers (which is what I set up without really thinking about it), double protecting visitors with the special, super nifty spoiler button isn't really neccessary. I would think that the special tag would be used in a more general conversation, maybe about a movie or a puzzle or game (or maybe, as I've seen elsewhere, to deliver the punchline to a joke!). A thread with a clear 'spoiler' title, ontherwise, should be warning enough for people who want to avoid the whole thing.

I would think you'd start a spoiler thread, and if people want to comment on it in progress they'd do it there... but once the show airs in Hawaii, things can go back to a more general American Idol thread.

Whatever's the least complicated for you and everyone and yet won't ruin things for others! I'm not much of a veteran of the spoiling game!
                  Doing the spoiler thread the way it's set up at HA would probably be the easiest and I could just cut and paste to both threads without having to worry about the extra spoiler tag step here.

Spoilers can get nuts if you're a moderator, you end up editing them in alot of the time...particularly on a movie site full of teens to 20s like countingdown.com where I do some modding at.

Oh....and on spoiler nights, I don't take the time to use spell check...and I'm dyslexic....WARNING... it can get fun to read sometimes!

Comment

Working...
                  X