Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "American Idol" - Season 4

'Idol' gives the guys a break
    "American Idol" turned into the battle of the divas last season. This year, male contestants are getting a little help. In a bid to freshen the Fox series as it begins its fourth season Tuesday -- and to even the playing field dominated in 2004 by female songbirds -- half of the 24 semifinalist spots are promised to men... [And] the age ceiling for contestants has been raised by four years to 28 to encourage diversity. Older singers "have had a lot more highs and lows in their life" and are more intense, said Seacrest.
    The ratings here in Hawaii won't be what they were last year, to be sure (here's an Advertiser article on the new season, with some analysis of the Jasmine Trias edition), but overall, I still wonder if the tweaks will help or hurt? I actually like the new age requirement, for example, but I also imagine they'll lose their big "teenybopper" audience compared to last year.

Not that I plan to watch or anything.

Re: "American Idol" - Season 4

My 80 yrs. old MAMA waited all day for American Idol. She is an avid fan of the program. Whatever makes her happy! My computer is set-up between my kitchen and living room that way I can keep an eye on her and get whatever she needs. I was writing in my Weblog when AI started. I couldn't help but listen to her remarks and loud laughs. I had to tell her to cool it before she gets a heart attack or that it will rupture. She didn't listen. I had to go sit and watch the program too. Well, I laughed so hard I pissed my pants! Laughed and laughed at some of the most weirdest tryouts! The woman they had at the end was worse that Hong from last season. Oh, yeah, there was a guy that was singing in five different voces. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Different strokes for different folks. Have a great day everyone! GOD BLESS EVERYBODY, in Jesus name I pray!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

American Idol still rocks.. but oh well, Simon still the same..hope he'll bow down to earth a little bit

yup I've seen that guy w/ 5 different voices hahahaha lol that's a talent! but no one could beat William Hung's "She Bangs!!!" and his dance groove lol =)

=) I watched the show last year bcoz it was funny.. and yah I saw great talents like Jasmine, Camile and Fantasia there
      AMERICA VOTES 2008: VOTE FOR JJK & KUCINICH!

http://www.freewebs.com/vote4dreamteam
      Mahalo!

Comment

My last post on this topic was on January 19, 2005. It's April 21st and every Tues./Wed, I sit in the living room with MAMA to watch AI. Last night, Anwar was voted out. The one time I vote and the guy is voted out! What gives? I thought the heavy dude, Scott was going to be voted out. I was wrong.

My prediction is that it will be BO or Constantine to be this year's IDOL. Leaning towards Constantine cause of looks. Gosh, just like a star struck teenager!

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

boo hoo! constantine was voted off tonight. guess, it doesn't take good looks...boo hoo!

hope bo goes all the way!

Comment

America's New Idol will be Bo! Reason: Rock and Roll rules baby!

Comment

Carrie "Underpants " Puts me to sleep. this should be a no brainer
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

I'm not following this season at all... Why is this Carrie "Underpants"? If she's performing in her underwear, she's gonna have an advantage there...

Okay, just hit the official site. At least she's got a little meat on 'er, but honestly, it doesn't look like she has the posture or poise of a star. And no underpants-showcasing fashion, from what I can see.

That Bo fellow? Looks alone, I really don't get it, but of course "Idol" is as much about the voice. From what I see, if he sounds as good as some say, he's perhaps the perfect choice for these "Red State" times...

Comment

Bo is a good (not terrific, but good) singer but Carrie has a far better chance of making a career out of it, in the Country field, of course. She needs to work on her stage presence, but she's young and that will come.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Tonite was pretty anti-climactic. My man Bo kinda let me down tonite, whereas Carrie went for it. I'm hoping rocker dude wins but he didnt look like he earned it tonite.

Comment

Rock and Roll rules! Go BO!

Lynn

Comment

After never watching American Idull, I watched the first five minutes of the final show tonight and saw the Beach Boys medley.

That was awful--do we really need "Up With People" any more? My wife and I were falling over in laughter, but least Brian Wilson gets paid.

Does the winner get Pro Tools?
                        Last edited by YoungNeil; May 25, 2005, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Bo lost. Lost Bo. Carrie Underwood won.

Till next year...awwwww.

Both were great!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I always pick the losers....
                            Clay....Diana....and now Bo
                            To quote Clay " We'll see who wins on the charts"
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                              Bo is a good (not terrific, but good) singer but Carrie has a far better chance of making a career out of it, in the Country field, of course. She needs to work on her stage presence, but she's young and that will come.
                              I wrote the above Monday morning.
                              Do I win anything for guessing correctly?

Gotta tell ya, that song she did with Rascal Flatts last night was awesome! Absolutely professional, perfect pitch, good stage presence and interaction. I predict her career will go a lot farther than any previous Idol contestant.
                              Good job by all the finalists...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X