Military Mom Visiting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Mom Visiting!

A fellow Military Mother is arriving on January 20th to visit her son who lost an eye in Afganistan. I need ideas on how I can make her stay a memorable one. I'm not good in this department(only cooking)...mahalo!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Military Mom Visiting!

Depending on if she loves or merely tolerates the "military" in her military mom title, I'd definitely put military sites on her to-do list. The Arizona Memorial is free and always an unforgettable experience. Visits to the Punchbowl National Cemetary are also simple yet special. More planning would be needed to visit the U.S.S. Missouri...

Is she staying at a military installation (i.e. Hale Koa)? If so, they would be a great one-stop resource for places to go and see, particularly those that are friendly or offer discounts to military staff and dependents.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Depending on if she loves or merely tolerates the "military" in her military mom title, I'd definitely put military sites on her to-do list. The Arizona Memorial is free and always an unforgettable experience. Visits to the Punchbowl National Cemetary are also simple yet special. More planning would be needed to visit the U.S.S. Missouri...

Is she staying at a military installation (i.e. Hale Koa)? If so, they would be a great one-stop resource for places to go and see, particularly those that are friendly or offer discounts to military staff and dependents.
      Great ideas! At least I can start with something. Also, getting a fruit basket and tropical flowers to give her upon her arrival.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

You're very thoughtful, Aunty Lynn. I'm sure she will really appreciate your attention, particularly because of the reason she's coming to Hawai'i.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X