Kahului Swapmeet forced to move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahului Swapmeet forced to move

Auwe! My favorite Saturday morning diversion whenever I visit Maui is going to have to move from its present site soon because the owner wants to develop the property for County housing offices and senior rental apartments. The Swapmeet is the place to go to get really good organic vegetables and flowers, baked goods and all kinds of "stuff" for cheap, and you run into everybody there...locals as well as tourists. Hopefully the spot they eventually move to will be just as convenient as the current site.

Miulang

http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=5279
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Kahului Swapmeet forced to move

Originally posted by Miulang
    Auwe! My favorite Saturday morning diversion whenever I visit Maui is going to have to move from its present site soon because the owner wants to develop the property for County housing offices and senior rental apartments. The Swapmeet is the place to go to get really good organic vegetables and flowers, baked goods and all kinds of "stuff" for cheap, and you run into everybody there...locals as well as tourists. Hopefully the spot they eventually move to will be just as convenient as the current site.

Miulang

http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=5279
    I would guess that the people who sell their stuff, have to move also, huh?.

To be honest, I didn't even know that Maui have swapmeets there.
    My hubby & I went to Maui once or twice, not a very long stay, though.
    Perhaps we didn't think of seeing the island itself for more activities.
    We really enjoyed Maui very much. I do Hope that their swapmeets
    do move to a more convenient spot for everyone else.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
    X