Here comes robosniper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here comes robosniper!

This article could either fit here or on the Iraq War thread, but I believe it has civilian implications too.

18 of these robotic gun toting little "tanks" (similar to the ones now used to defuse bombs) will be shipped over to Iraq in a couple of months. That may mean that at least 18 soldiers won't have to get wounded or killed by the insurgents.

In civilian life, these little suckers could be stolen by people up to no good and used to commit bank heists...all from the safety of their cars parked many feet away.

And if one of the robosnipers gets blown up in Iraq, hey, the DoD won't have to send their officers to console a grieving family. Just push the nuts and bolts off to the side of the road and proceed on their merry way. Maybe robots have feelings, too?

Miulang

http://springfield.news-leader.com/b...in-285627.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Here comes robosniper!

Why don't they develop more of them, bring home more people, and get it over with? Just say that robots are fighting our wars.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Soldiers are cheaper.

Besides, such a shift in strategy would take decades to implement and be seen in the field. Who knows what our military - and the world - will look like then. I'm pretty sure we're going to see fewer national conflicts and "battlefields" (focused areas of conflict) and more scattered attacks and fighting, something that may make "robotanks" less practical (unless each city and town gets a few).

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Soldiers are cheaper.
        Not to relatives and MOTHERS of SOLDIERS!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
        X