Governor Lingles State Address 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor Lingles State Address 2005

I watched with complete attention. I liked what I heard. I stood as the other Military Families stood up from their seats. Not to be recognized...I was at home with my MAMA. I don't get invited to things like this. I stood up as a fellow military relative, a mom to be exact who knows first hand the pain,tears and worries that comes with having a loved one deployed in a WAR ZONE. Yes, it was chicken skin to see and hear the applause from the audience. Lastly, her ending about giving the Law Enforcement Agencies more power to combat Drugs and Illegal Activities...AWESOME!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Governor Lingles State Address 2005

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    I watched with complete attention. I liked what I heard. I stood as the other Military Families stood up from their seats. Not to be recognized...I was at home with my MAMA. I don't get invited to things like this. I stood up as a fellow military relative, a mom to be exact who knows first hand the pain,tears and worries that comes with having a loved one deployed in a WAR ZONE. Yes, it was chicken skin to see and hear the applause from the audience. Lastly, her ending about giving the Law Enforcement Agencies more power to combat Drugs and Illegal Activities...AWESOME!
    With a somewhat hostile (i.e. Democratic) Legislature, I think the Governor has to do some serious fence mending with the other party before she'll get much cooperation from them to pass new laws. She kinda alienated the Democrats in the last election. as I recall. At least she made the voters of Maui County mad enough that they ousted 2 Republicans from office, and her being Mayor of Maui County is what gave her the springboard to the State Capital.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Governor Lingles State Address 2005

Originally posted by Miulang
      With a somewhat hostile (i.e. Democratic) Legislature, I think the Governor has to do some serious fence mending with the other party before she'll get much cooperation from them to pass new laws. She kinda alienated the Democrats in the last election. as I recall. At least she made the voters of Maui County mad enough that they ousted 2 Republicans from office, and her being Mayor of Maui County is what gave her the springboard to the State Capital.

Miulang
      The responses of those in attendance and the remarks from several Legislators were positive. One from Senator Bunda was positive too. Her speech included problems regarding our Homelessness and ways to help the poor and lower income with incentives so that they can afford to get shelter. I feel overall that her intentions are good and hope that everyone works together. It is also mentioned that Mufi and her agree on several issues...so I look forward to the future and pray that what she addressed will become reality for all Hawai'i nei!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
      X