The Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oscars

The nominees for the 77th Annual Academy Awards, a.k.a. The Oscars, have been announced by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science. The winners will be unveiled Sunday, Feb. 27.

Best Picture:
    • The Aviator
    • Finding Neverland
    • Million Dollar Baby
    • Ray
    • Sideways

Best Actor:
    • Don Cheadle (HOTEL RWANDA)
    • Johnny Depp (FINDING NEVERLAND)
    • Leonardo DiCaprio (THE AVIATOR)
    • Clint Eastwood (MILLION DOLLAR BABY)
    • Jamie Foxx (RAY)

Best Actress:
    • Annette Bening (BEING JULIA)
    • Catalina Sandino Moreno (MARIA FULL OF GRACE)
    • Imelda Staunton (VERA DRAKE)
    • Hilary Swank (MILLION DOLLAR BABY)
    • Kate Winslet (ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND)

What are your picks?

Re: The Oscars

LET THE DRUMS ROLL!BOOM BOOM BOOM Officially a Kia'aina!

My picks for the Oscars are:

Best Picture The Aviator

Best Actor Jamie Fox

Best Actress Annette Bening

Have a nice day eveyone!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Grr! Oh my freakin' goodness! I simply canNOT believe that Paul Giamatti didn't get a nomination for his wonderful work in Sideways! I'm about to throw this laptop through a window.

I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter--that the Oscars have proven year after year that the Academy is irrelevant and just doesn't get it, but part of me can't override the Oscar mystique.

I can't wait to see what the SAG awards look like.
      Last edited by scrivener; January 25, 2005, 09:40 AM.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Haven't seen any of them, so I'm out this year .... (again).

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter--that the Oscars have proven year after year that the Academy is irrelevant and just doesn't get it, but part of me can't override the Oscar mystique.

many "stars" over the years have refused the oscar and its "mystique". long tradition of not buying into this orgy of self congradulatory mutual backpatting.

Comment

IMDb has a list for the nominations for 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              Grr! Oh my freakin' goodness! I simply canNOT believe that Paul Giamatti didn't get a nomination for his wonderful work in Sideways! I'm about to throw this laptop through a window.

I can't wait to see what the SAG awards look like.
              well, if you want to include Paul Giamatti, which of the other actors shall we exclude? which of the actor's performances are not oscar worthy? critics will say Paul's stuff was good, but only good enough for 6th place...
              Fair and Balanced

Comment

"Sideways" is closing at the Varsity and moving to Ward, etc. Oh the joys of Academy recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                  "Sideways" is closing at the Varsity and moving to Ward, etc. Oh the joys of Academy recognition.
                  It actually opened at the Cannery before the Vars picked it up.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Any thoughts on the winners? Or Jon Stewart's Oscar hosting debut?

Comment

Jon Stewart was fabulous, and Hollywood wimped out on the best picture award. How lame can they be? Shame on them!

Comment

I think Crash deserved the best picture. It was the most entertaining film of the year. The complete list of winners can be found here. Overall IMO, 2005 was a pretty weak year for movies. My highlight would be finally seeing Darth Vader's "birth".One last note.... Oscar voters should be ashamed of themselves for screwing the animation master's Hayao Miyasaki's Howl's Moving Castle over a Claymation piece of crap! Look of Howl's on video this week and see for yourself .
                        Last edited by alohabear; March 6, 2006, 04:58 AM.
                        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                        Flickr

Comment

stewart was lamo and not surprised brokedick mountain didn't win.hollyweird aint that ready.

Comment

Stewart was not lame, he was funny and it isn't his fault that Hollywood isn't smart enough to get his humor. And that goes right along with Hollywood not being progressive enough to have the balls to give best picture to Brokeback Mountain.

Hollywood is lame, not Jon Stewart.

Comment

Billy Crystal is obviously the best, but I think Jon Stewart did just fine. Better than I expected (and I'd expected him to be okay). Loved the opening sketch! Stewart was certainly better than Whoopi or Steve Martin or Letterman were as emcees, and if Billy Crystal can't do it next year then I hope it goes to Stewart again.
                              The show was too damned long. Too many minor awards; they should've been recapped instead of featured.
                              Favorite moment: Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep's routine.
                              Worst moment: Song Of The Year. Pffffbbbbttt.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X