New Patch for MacOSx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch for MacOSx

There are a lot of Mac users on this forum. Apple just announced the release of a patch for your OS. Read a summary at the link below:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5...tag=zdnn.alert

Miulang

More detailed info here:
    http://enterprise-security-today.new...story_id=30002
    Last edited by Miulang; January 26, 2005, 11:39 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: New Patch for MacOSx

Another round of Mac OS patches were released yesterday. Read here for info and how to download. Looks like Apple will be going to a monthly patch cycle like MS.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hmmm I guess OSX isn't as perfect as one thought.

At least with MS you expect patches
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Hmmm I guess OSX isn't as perfect as one thought.

At least with MS you expect patches

yea, that IS a big danger here. Gawd, did I need that patch! We mac people really must watch for this problem. What CAN we do about this chasm of a flaw?!
        the potential to "send victims to malicious Web sites."
        dreadful!

Comment

Another round of patches for Mac OS that are pre-Tiger. Hmmmm...second set in a little more than a month? Beginning to sound like Windoze! Monthly patches from Apple...

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Another round of patches for Mac OS that are pre-Tiger. Hmmmm...second set in a little more than a month? Beginning to sound like Windoze! Monthly patches from Apple...

Miulang
            "much ado about nothing"
            these "patches" are all based on outside influences (and stupid virus downloading; people should know better) spoken in a breathless end-of-the-world manner, directed at chicken little geeks ready to run around yelling "it's doomsday! the sky is falling!"

some security company having nothing to do with Apple quotes:
            "highly critical flaws of greatest concern"
            "If people view a malicious TIFF, it could result in running arbitrary code,"

" If users visit a Web site and accept AppleScript from that site, they could find it executing different code than they had expected"
            oh dear, me! simply dreadful.

"A flaw affecting the Apache Web server, meanwhile, could allow a buffer overflow in the htdigest program, which if used improperly in a CGI application could in turn allow a remote"
            yea, That happens every day.

"Bluetooth wireless capabilities. One could allow files to be shared without properly notifying the user, while another could be used by a malicious attacker"
            so; it's a fault in apple computers that there are "malicious attackers" out there?!

then, the voice of reason negating the whole damned mess:
            "unusually difficult to exploit and it would need an unusual configuration,"

all these woulda coulda shoulda.
            I have ignored the paranoid "patches" game for years and I am trouble free on my "vicious, malicious outside influence" virus free mac.

Comment

Face it, Kimo. You're way more computer-savvy than the majority of Mac users.

Miulang

Comment

Face it, Kimo. You're way more computer-savvy than the majority of Mac users.

Miulang

truth or sarcasm?
                either way,
                let's just say I am much less gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  truth or sarcasm?
                  either way,
                  let's just say I am much less gullible.
                  Eh, I not being sarcastic for once, anden. You cannot take one compliment or wot?

Comment

Eh, I not being sarcastic for once, anden. You cannot take one compliment or wot?

flattery will get you nowhere. But don't stop trying.

Comment

Yeah, and a quarter won't even buy me a newspaper anymore, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X