Aloha from Edmonton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Edmonton!

Wow, it has been a very long time but I am really glad to have finally found a great devoted-to-hawaii forum. I am a member of two other forums for interest's sake but I have a feeling that this one will be the one I will enjoy most.

Just a brief background about my connection to hawaii...I visited hawaii when I was 15, with my family over grade 10 spring break. We went for 6 nights just on oahu and it wasnt until just after returning from the islands was when I started realizing how magnificent such a place was. There was something that draws me to the spirit of hawaii - perhaps it was the melting pot of cultures, the island life, or the ohana spirit, and not to mention the weather - but even at that age of 15, that spirit of hawaii enveloped me.

That 6 night trip has now turned into almost a decade length of endless thought and love for the islands. I am now 24 and though I have never had the chance to visit back to hawaii, there is not a day that goes by without me thinking of hawaii. It is really that special to me.

I hope to get a chance to get to know others who constantly dream of hawaii, are planning to move there, or are currently islanders and share with me/us your adventures.

Talk to you all soon, mahalo.

- Bryan.
    There is not a day I do not dream about The Islands...

Re: Aloha from Edmonton!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada? I'd be thinking about Hawaii too, now - isn't it -0°C (32°F)? Man. I get chilly anywhere below 60°F.

Welcome, Bryan, to HawaiiThreads! It's amazing and inspiring how Hawaii has lingered in your mind after all these years, after a short visit nearly a decade ago. I'm certainly glad they're happy memories. I'd love to hear more about the scenes and sensations that are still burned into your mind. Where did you go? Who did you meet?

As anywhere, things have changed, and things haven't. If you want to know "whatever happened to..." this is a good place to ask.

I hope you'll be able to visit again soon, visit often, and perhaps indeed make Hawaii as much a physical home as it is a spiritual one! We're as likely to talk about everything else as we are about Hawaii specifically, so I'm sure you'll find many conversations worth joining.

Comment

Thanks for the reply pzarquon! And you know whats so funny? Being 32F/0C is like a heatwave to us...lol. Usually, its around -20C at this time. I still ask my parents, who immigrated to vancouver before edmonton from HK, why they ever moved here.

I really look forward to sharing my memories and reading everyone else's as well. But you and other residents will share the best knowledge Besides honolulu advertiser's site and hawaii.com (where i have an email as well), this site will bring me that much closer to the spirit of hawaii Thanks!

Comment

Bryan, Aloha and Welcome too!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hey Brian.... another Canadian on this wonderful site... I am out here in Vancouver... Welcome and hope to talk soon again...
          Always dreaming about Hawai'i ... :cool: :) :D :eek:

Comment

Hi eritouma Thanks for the message! Would I give to be in Van rather than edmonton though and at anytime of the year. Hope to talk to you soon again as well.

Comment

I do not know about that hkplayer..... it has been wet, wet, wet, and wetter.. so wet that all of the snow on the local mountains is gone... No hockey, no skiiing, and wet outside makes for some very grey, grey days....

Comment

Please be careful if there are any more mudslides to come though. It certainly has been wet there, but I would take that over meters of snow and -40 windchill. Hang in there

Comment

iT'S A BIT WET ON OAHU TOO TODAY...HOWEVER, WAY BETTER THAN WHAT YOU'RE GETTING! TAKE CARE!
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yeah it has been a wet couple of weeks, but things look like they have settled down. No more pouring rains just constant light rains for the next week or so. Grey days ahead, but at least the mud should stay on the slopes....

Comment

Working...
                    X