How do you warm local food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you warm local food?

I just finished eating a plate of L&L Drive Inn's Katsu chicken (bad service, good food), but it was 4 hours old, sitting in my backpack in a 70 degrees AC room.

I didn't taste anything weird about it (especially the mac salad) but I would loved to have the chicken warmed up, but then the mac salad would have been junk.

How could I have solved that dilema? (I won't be eating at L&L again, because they were too slow on the food and we only had a few minutes to have lunch).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How do you warm local food?

Originally posted by adri1456
    I just finished eating a plate of L&L Drive Inn's Katsu chicken (bad service, good food), but it was 4 hours old, sitting in my backpack in a 70 degrees AC room.

I didn't taste anything weird about it (especially the mac salad) but I would loved to have the chicken warmed up, but then the mac salad would have been junk.

How could I have solved that dilema? (I won't be eating at L&L again, because they were too slow on the food and we only had a few minutes to have lunch).
    If you get access to one microwave, den take da chicken out of da styrofoam box (put 'em on top one piece wax paper or plate or someting lidat...no use plastic, though) and nuke it for about 30 sec. No try reheat in da styrofoam box, because you going melt da box, and as you wen go say, da mac salad going come junk.

Usually, they say don't keep things with mayonnaise lidat unrefrigerated for more den 2 hours, though. Get all kine oogy bugs dat could hide insai da mac salad.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I never tried this but I suppose you remove the mac salad and microwave the chicken for a minute or so.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahah Funny, Adrian, Very Funny!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          I never tried this but I suppose you remove the mac salad and microwave the chicken for a minute or so.
          Oh, I forgot about the container.

I was just going to pop the whole thing into the microwave and heat it for 1 minute.

Luckily, I didn't go through it. Now, lets talk about how to warm other local food (if we had to transfer just about any local food from its restaurant plate to a microwavable bowl, then just lock this thread up.

Comment

Eh Adrian:
            It depends on what you want to reheat, anden! If something like manapua, you can either just nuke it or put it in a steamer. Other dim sum, do the same thing. If you get "soupy" kine stuff, just throw 'em in one pan and keep stirring so da bottom no get burnt. If no moa stove, den gotta use da microwave.
            Whatever you do, though, don't microwave reheat anything in styrofoam or something that's flammable!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Eh Adrian:
              It depends on what you want to reheat, anden! If something like manapua, you can either just nuke it or put it in a steamer. Other dim sum, do the same thing. If you get "soupy" kine stuff, just throw 'em in one pan and keep stirring so da bottom no get burnt. If no moa stove, den gotta use da microwave.
              Whatever you do, though, don't microwave reheat anything in styrofoam or something that's flammable!

Miulang
              Yeah, I have to give myself a few minutes to think, now that my brain is eating too much info for this CNA course.

But I don't feel (or excreted) anything, so I guess the katsu being at 70 degrees is safe.

Comment

So wat? You enjoying what you learning so far in school?

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                X