Ugly as a train wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly as a train wreck

well.. it is a train wreck in every sense.
    That mexican dude who tried to commit suicide by parking his auto on the train tracks, causing a massive wreck in Glendale CA, injuring scores and killing 11 people... he chickened out at the last second and bailed out. What a loser; can't even perform his last act right and now, we hear, he will get the death penalty.
    He's no better than those suicide bombers.
    Imagine taking 11 people with you on your circuitous route to never-never land.
    what a way to go.

Re: Ugly as a train wreck

That's what struck me as being so ironic: here he chickens out of committing suicide, and now they want to kill him anyway because he caused 11 people to die in the trainwreck!

I've heard of "suicide by cop" where the criminal forces the cops to shoot and kill him, but I've never heard of "suicide by train derailment". Surely this is a first. Usually people get in this situation because they think they can outrun the train in their car and then get stuck in the intersection. No sane person would just stop a car in the middle of the tracks knowing there was a train coming full speed at them. Since he later tried slashing his wrists after they caught him, more than likely his defense attorneys will plead non compos mentis and he'll get locked up in a mental institution for the rest of his life.

I was listening to some of the guys who work with me yesterday talk about how the configuration of the passenger train added to the size of the calamity because the train was one of those push-pull dealies and when it got into that accident, it was pushing all the passenger cars in front of the engine, so because the passenger cars were lighter, they all accordioned together.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      That's what struck me as being so ironic: here he chickens out of committing suicide, and now they want to kill him anyway because he caused 11 people to die in the trainwreck! Miulang
      String him up now. Expedite the process.

(actually, I believe I read he tried to slash his wrists before the train deal.)

thats what tees me off; he didn't complete the act, now we must be witness to the debacle of some slimey snake lawyer try to get him off, then he rots in prison, while we taxpayers pay for his food and lodging. Where's da old west justice when ya need it?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        now we must be witness to the debacle of some slimey snake lawyer try to get him off, then he rots in prison, while we taxpayers pay for his food and lodging. Where's da old west justice when ya need it?!

what'd i tellya;
        The lowlife vermin representing the mass killer is spewing this bile, telling us what to think and how to react:

"people who are making the decisions about Mr. Alvarez's life, about the death penalty in the case ... just take a step back and think about the consequences of their actions.""

Why the hell should we?!
        He certainly did not!

http://www.news-journal.com/news/con...in_Derail.html
        Last edited by kimo55; January 30, 2005, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X