DOT to spend $8 million on airport improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOT to spend $8 million on airport improvements

I can understand wanting to fix the leaks in the ceilings and maybe fixing up the signage to make it less confusing, but that's going to cost the State $8 million????

The DOT says they want a world class airport so the tourists who go through HNL International Airport will have a pleasant experience. Um, people aren't planning to live in the gates, are they? One of the cool things about HNL is the open air atriums...well, it used to be anyway. Now all you smell is the fumes from the jet fuel

The SeaTac Airport has been undergoing a multimillion dollar expansion/upgrade project for the last 3 years. More than anything, all it's done is inconvenience travellers.

As far as I'm concerned, no matter how attractive they make an airport, I'm gonna get in and get out as fast as I can.

And when I visit Hawai'i, I try to avoid going through HNL as much as I can, because there are enough direct flights from the West Coast to Maui so I don't have to go through Honolulu. The tourists who visit Hawai'i and who don't have Honolulu as their destination generally skip HNL anyway and go directly to Maui and Kona.

Miulang

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln01p.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: DOT to spend $8 million on airport improvements

Originally posted by Miulang
    I can understand wanting to fix the leaks in the ceilings and maybe fixing up the signage to make it less confusing, but that's going to cost the State $8 million????

yep. more fraud and waste by the state of Hawaii.
    welcome to paradise.

Comment

Working...
    X