Principals rated by student performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Principals rated by student performance

Hooray! I think this is a great idea! Evaluate Hawai'i public school principals on the basis of how well the students perform on standardized test scores. Give them contracts with annual performance agreements and reward them with incentives for meeting specific benchmarks. Provide remediation for the principals who aren't quite up to snuff through mentoring, etc.

That's what we do in business, and public education should be treated as a biiiig, important business. The accountability should also extend to the teachers, who should have the same kind of performance agreements and benchmarks in order to obtain merit raises.

If pay increases were tied to a teacher's ability to help his classes score higher on achievement tests rather than a periodic automatic adjustment, Scriv's proposal for doing away with a statewide teacher pay scale would make sense, and Hawai'i's school kids would benefit as a result.

Miulang

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln07p.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain
Working...
X