Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when standing in a LONG line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when standing in a LONG line?

Aloha everbody! I went to Long's Pali last night to pick up medicine which could not be put off any later. Usually, I pick up my med's 12:00 am. - 2:00 am. No traffic, no problems finding parking, no lines. Once in awhile, I find myself having to go sooner and the line is long. I also can't stand any lines for anything (BI-Polar) when shopping or going to pay bills. Last month I started doing things to shorten the time in waiting. I started to sing and talk story to those in front and in the back of me. By the time I get to the front, I made new friends and made alot of people smiling. Today, once again I met and made new friends. What do you do when you're in a LONG line?
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: What do you do when standing in a LONG line?

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    What do you do when you're in a LONG line?

I don't wait in lines. long or short.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      Ditto.
      Unless it's absolutely and critically necessary, in which case I probably expected to have to wait and brought along a paperback to read.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Eh, Bro Kimo...read da question before you answer!

Comment

Eh, Bro Kimo...read da question before you answer!

oh, sorry, eh.

ok. I uhhh, actually take a book with me and try catch up on reading. Cuz my singing voice, well, no one goin heard dat all by itself; I mostly forget my ukulele, so no can sing widout accompanyment.
          Or I find myself spending time fending off the usual adulatory fawning of the crowd; "eh you da kine, eh!? saw you on TV. how you get da kine to do dat ting when you wen oah dat place you know when you sang dat song dat had da ...etc.etc." You know, i nevah unnastahnd what dey talking bout. And my autograph writing hand get carpal tunnel syndrome, so... azz why hahd, eh!?
          Last edited by kimo55; February 1, 2005, 11:20 AM.

Comment

oh, sorry, eh.

ok. I uhhh, actually take a book with me and try catch up on reading. Cuz my singing voice, well, no one goin heard dat all by itself; I mostly forget my ukulele, so no can sing widout accompanyment.
            Or I find myself spending time fending off the usual adulatory fawning of the crowd; "eh you da kine, eh!? saw you on TV. how you get da kine to do dat ting when you wen oah dat place you know when you sang dat song dat had da ...etc.etc." You know, i nevah unnastahnd what dey talking bout. And my autograph writing hand get carpal tunnel syndrome, so... azz why hahd, eh!?
            Have a great day KIMO!

Comment

Find a shorter line.

Comment

What do i do when.. Oh, funny you should ask. Ok, I'll try this one:

I honk at the boneheaded punks taking their sweet time or cutting in ahead of me... There is not a day I do not dream about not standing in long lines while I am not singing with my ukulele that I did not remember to not bring.
                Last edited by kimo55; February 1, 2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

What do i do when.. Oh, funny you should ask. Ok, I'll try this one:

I honk at the boneheaded punks taking their sweet time or cutting in ahead of me... There is not a day I do not dream about standing in shorter lines.
                  KIMO, I didn't know you write like dat. So unlike your stature and intellegence in society, Dear Sir! heheheheh (BIG TIME) yEP, KUUIPO my OKOLE!

Comment

Check my e-mail, catch up on a few newsfeeds, browse a couple of websites... from long lines to waiting rooms, smartphones have saved what little sanity geeks like me have left.

Comment

Look at the photos on my digital camera!
                      Lovena

Comment

...didn't know you write like dat. So unlike your stature and intellegence in society,
                        Hey, you don't know the half of it.
                        I got alotta intellegence in society, you betcha!

Last edited by kimo55; February 1, 2005, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Hey, you don't know the half of it.
                          I got alotta intellegence in society, you betcha!
                          APPLAUSE,APPLAUSE TO YOU DEAR SIR!
                          HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING, YOU'LL BE IN MY PRAYERS....HONEST!
                          Oh, and about me being on tv. after singing all ova the naughty neighborhood...I got on cause i'm da madda of three soldiers, whose only son almost died in Iraq twice. Came back Home with sharpnel imbedded in his chest and still got deployed to Afganistan less than a year. I was pist that my Congressman didn't support the troops in the Middle East. Does that answer your question, KIMO?

Comment

Does that answer your question, KIMO?

(staying on topic, here...)

while waiting in long lines, I spend my time trying to remember if I ever posed any question in da first place.

Comment

oh, sorry, eh.

YO, BRO KIMO! I HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR *****Let's settle this once and for all. Meet me at the Flag Pole, now! I goin kick your okole for cutting in line, being out of line and off the line too!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X