Just joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined

Grew up in Hawaii (Kaimuki, Kahala then Hawaii Kai side)..Liliuokalani Elementary, Waialae Elementary, Star of the Sea, St. Louis grad 79'...played football for UH...was a FA for Hawaiian for several years...met my wife in Seattle...three kids later (19, 14, 11)...moved to Scottsdale, AZ then to Waco, TX (career opp.)...anyway miss Hawaii!!!...just spent 10 days on vactaion Dec 29-Jan 8 in Waikiki with the whole family, it was AWESOME...loved reading memories on Hawaii Stories...found Hawaii Threads that way...I look forward to further reminiscing....Aloha

Re: Just joined

Originally posted by Jeff
    .found Hawaii Threads .I look forward to further reminiscing... )

alowhuh!
    e komo mai.

You wouldn't recognize Kaimuki or Hawaii Kai now.
    Much redevelopment and overdevelopment in the last 5 years or so...

Comment

Grew up in Hawaii (Kaimuki, Kahala then Hawaii Kai side)..Liliuokalani Elementary, Waialae Elementary, Star of the Sea, St. Louis grad 79'...played football for UH...was a FA for Hawaiian for several years...met my wife in Seattle...three kids later (19, 14, 11)...moved to Scottsdale, AZ then to Waco, TX (career opp.)...anyway miss Hawaii!!!...just spent 10 days on vactaion Dec 29-Jan 8 in Waikiki with the whole family, it was AWESOME...loved reading memories on Hawaii Stories...found Hawaii Threads that way...I look forward to further reminiscing....Aloha
      Aloha, Jeff:
      Have you gone to www.ohanalanai.com too? We're a bunch of ex-pats who get together online, write in pidgin (sometimes) and mostly talk about all the stuff we miss about being in the 'aina.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Aloha. Mabuhay Jeff! You'll enjoy this website! Check out Lynns Lair on Hawaii Stories, that's my weblog. Stories of Chinatown and beyond....once again welcome!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Howzit Jeff! It's always good to have another voice here.

Comment

Thank you for welcoming me...I still don't know how to navigate around the site, but am up for the challenge.

I love reminiscing about the days growing up a haole...it was challenging at times dealing with the mokes, kill a haole day, etc...but would not trade a minute of it. I did not notice much of that on my latest visit...does it still go on?

Y'all have a great evening.

Aloha.

Comment

Thank you for welcoming me...I still don't know how to navigate around the site, but am up for the challenge.

basics; works for me,
              start here:
              http://www.hawaiithreads.com/

go thru all the general headings, which contain many threads.

Then, click on "New Posts" there, upper middle link.
              Bookmark the page you get.

You will then quickly see all daily new posts you haven't seen yet...

I think it works this way pretty well.

Comment

Working...
              X