Hawaiian Air to start assigning seats interisle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Air to start assigning seats interisle

'sabout time! Sheesh! This always was the worse part about flying interisland for me. The cattle car rush to be the first in line to get that great window seat. Actually, I think there is a hidden, ulterior motive to this move (OK, so call me paranoid ). This way, they will KNOW who's sitting where, in case there is an "emergency".

Miulang

http://starbulletin.com/2005/02/03/news/index3.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Hawaiian Air to start assigning seats interisle

Interesting. I suppose I'd like it, not having to be standing in line 30 minutes before boarding (or growling at people who play the "oops, is this the first class line?" game). But really, for such a short flight, it seems like it could be more trouble than its worth.

One of the ways Southwest succeeded and kept profitable in the face of widespread bankruptcy in the industry was its "open seating" model, even for flights that cross the country. Do we really want folks bickering over seat availability for a 40 minute flight?

Well, I suppose if you're going to be paying $200 for a round-trip interisland ticket, you'd feel entitled to bicker anyway...

Comment

Working...
    X