Haoles and dating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haoles and dating

How come when I read the newspaper, it's always the haoles who are talking about the difficulty of dating here in Honolulu? Is it only because the article writers (e.g. Tanya Leach) are mostly haole, so the folks they quote are too? Or is it because haoles have a harder time finding dates in Honolulu than non-haoles? Or is it just that they complain about it more?

Re: Haoles and dating

I think it's a combo of all of the above. I think locals don't have problems dating haoles; it's the haoles who only want to date haoles that have a hard time in Hawai'i. For those guys, I say they're really missing out if they don't want to hang out with locals!

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      How come when I read the newspaper, it's always the haoles who are talking about the difficulty of dating here in Honolulu? Is it only because the article writers (e.g. Tanya Leach) are mostly haole, so the folks they quote are too? Or is it because haoles have a harder time finding dates in Honolulu than non-haoles? Or is it just that they complain about it more?
      DEA COMPLAIN ABOUT IT MORE! Me, I still waiting...no complaining, taking my sweet LOCAL time. If I die and no moa, den dat's da breaks.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I share the opposite view I'm almost 29 and whenever I tried asking a local girl out they would reject me. I don't even bother asking anymore. I have never been on a date or had a girlfriend in my life.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
          I share the opposite view I'm almost 29 and whenever I tried asking a local girl out they would reject me. I don't even bother asking anymore. I have never been on a date or had a girlfriend in my life.

I've had too many.
          I'm burned out.
          married now... to my projects.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            I've had too many.
            I'm burned out.
            married now... to my projects.
            WHATEVEAS!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X