How do you feel about smokers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about smokers?

I just found out that someone I like smokes. I was going to ask her out (something a geek would never do, but I changed) but when we were on break today, I smelt someone smoking, and the smoke was coming from behind me. I turn around and look, and it was her, smoking like it was good for her health. Instead of pointing to the no smoking sign, I walked away (trying to clear my lungs).

If they knew how to respect other people, I'd like them better, but since some of them don't care about other people, they're bad in my book.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How do you feel about smokers?

Originally posted by adri1456
    If they knew how to respect other people, I'd like them better, but since some of them don't care about other people, they're bad in my book.

They are the resident evil.
    I know, I'm full of it tonite, but gotta unload, so here goes:
    See; inhaling smoke, fumes, toxins, carcinogens, and general poison, besides other multidtudinous destructive effects toward their own body, other's bodies, the general environment...
    The act also inhibits oxygen to the brain. This, in turn, reduces awareness, thought (thoughtfulness) basic sense, common sense, uncommon sense, and reduces all other sensitvity and sense down to nothing, so all that these addicts can do is function at the basest lowest level of survival; "Get outta my way and gimmee my next stinkstick." Your needs, wants, comfort level, etc. are no longer a consideration.
    AND... They will change only when or if they want to. Try and educate, nuttin' happens, Remember the old saying; "never try to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    After all, try to talk someone out of their repulsive addiction never works. "a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still"
    So, You are on the right track... lead by example, live healthy and show aloha to the person... from afar.

Comment

Now, this is FUNNY! Just as the Blind leading the Dumb!!!!!!!!!(rolling on the floor)
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

maybe smokers should put the lit end in their mouths and let the filter end do it's job for the rest of humanity instead of themselves. Personally I have nothing against smokers, just the smoke.

Eventually the EPA will probably have to control the emissions coming out of smokers too!

But since moving to the Big Island, I have experienced the worst smoker of all...Maddam Pele! Boy her vog is so bad at times you can't even see the summit of Mauna Kea on a sunny day from Hilo and you cough and hack your way throughout the day.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My ex-wife smokes....been together for more than 10+ years...but, hated it though....She now lives with da guy she fooled around with, when we was living & married in Las Vegas. Both are TOTAL LOSERS with a capital L!!!! Both of them had families with 2 childrens each. (I have custody for both my children) They both worked at the California Hotel in Vegas...In fact Would be good if they both get CANCER!! .....Karma...where are you?
          ~Bradda Ronny

Comment

On a serious note: I am a smoker, yuk! Down from two packs a day to a pack x3 which is still to much. Since my grandson was born, I don't let any visitors nor myself smoke in the apartment. I want to quit but it ain't easy. Nevertheless, I'm bound as a grandmother to do it but most of all, I WANT TO DO IT!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I lived in a household with a mother who was severely allergic to smoke (she had to be hospitalized twice when she couldn't breathe) and got used to having to leave an establishment when accompanied by my mother if we could smell smoke. As a result, I've been raised to avoid it as much as possible, and I've noticed in the past several years that I've picked up some of my mom's allergies to smoke too, though I don't have as bad a reaction. As a result, I'm very much for any bans on smoking in public places, as the wind carries it around and it's so difficult a smell to remove from hair and clothes. I sympathize with those who realize the unhealthy effects and are trying to quit, and I hope more and more people continue to do so. Good luck to you quitters out there! My lungs and my allergies thank you! :-)

Comment

hey all smokers there you want to quit?Try Nosmoq...

If ever I misplaced this posting of mine, I ask an apology coz I’m just concern about the health of people who were addicted in smoking…

Hello people, you know smoking, is a very big problem in our community wherein all youth enjoy a lot in terms of smoking, in every problem there is a solution right? What I can give an advice to you guys, try our product, NOSMOQ product, I don’t want to force you to buy, my idea is to try our product, coz it is really2x effective, it will solve the problem for those people became an addict of it. You know our product is nicotine free, it’s like a cigarette form, but it can help you to quit. If you have further questions about our product please visit our site:

http://partnerclicks.net/click.php?APID=2&affID=0001017

And then if you want to mail me, mail me at support5@3gcare.com or dairycharz_84@yahoo.com , thanks for reading and if you want further information here it is:
                Our Address in Japan is:
                Kawai Bldg 6F, 1-32-6, Higashi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, Japan 170-0013
                Call Tel. #: 63-32-412-4084

TEL # (Japan) : 81-3-5960-5222
                FAX # (Japan): 81-3-5960-5225
                Internet phone: 0303-916-7706031
                Office Address: 1-1-6, Higashi-Ikebukuro Toshima-Ku, Tokyo, Japan,170-0013

Thank you and Goodluck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 808dubz
                  My ex-wife smokes....been together for more than 10+ years...but, hated it though....She now lives with da guy she fooled around with, when we was living & married in Las Vegas. Both are TOTAL LOSERS with a capital L!!!! Both of them had families with 2 childrens each. (I have custody for both my children) They both worked at the California Hotel in Vegas...In fact Would be good if they both get CANCER!! .....Karma...where are you?
                  ~Bradda Ronny
                  Now that we know how you feel about your ex-wife, the boyfriend, the kids, illness and probably the California Hotel....jeez, did you answer the question?? Or maybe you did answer the question...I don't know whether you hated that your "ex" smoked or hated that you had been together for more than 10 years.

Comment

Well, at least we know how he feels about a smoker...

Though I suppose some people might consider all smokers, as a class, "TOTAL LOSERS with a capital L."

I will say one thing. At some level, the propaganda we feed our kids about smoking and drugs work. Er, at least before adolescent peer pressure kicks in. My own daughter scolds my wife's mother for smoking. I've heard other kids tell uncles and aunties who smoke all about the damage they're doing to their bodies. Fortunately, most smokers thus chastised are pretty understanding.

Heck, most smokers want to quit. Alas, the nature of addiction...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      Heck, most smokers want to quit. Alas, the nature of addiction...
                      Aahh, a nonjudgmental person. The question posed was a valid one and I can accept one's opinion as to where they stand on THAT issue. I think our friend up there has issues OTHER than what is being asked. It's the truth. I just took offense that he thinks that someone should deserve an often fatal disease as Cancer. Get real. That was such a callous statement. From someone that has had family members (3) and a couple of friends (3) go through the disease (and only 2 were smokers), the chemo and radiation treatments, the suffering both they and their family had to endure and then the final outcome, no, I wouldn't wish that on anyone! God forbid, that his children (who's away from the smokers since he has custody) should become ill in that way. KARMA?! Don't even be blasphemous to be talking about karma because it just might bite you you-know-where.

Comment

I am also a grieving person of cancer. I am not sure any of you read my post around Nov. 2004, but my mother inlaw just passed away from cancer due to smoking for many years , she did quit, once she got scared & heard of the outcome, but unfortunately enough, it was to late in any point in time. She & all of us had to endure all of that chemo that she was taking. It was definately difficult for all of us. All of the human world has cancer cells inside of all of us, it is just a matter of having it triggered by using any bad chemicals in our body. That is when the cancer cells start, & when not caught early enough, it will spread very quickly, & may be unstopable if continue to linger & causes death. Unfortunately for those people, they have a difficult time in stopping, unless told of the horrrifying outcome, then possibly then they will quit, but not until then. How sad the human world react to such things to change themselves to get better, to just find out that perhaps just perhaps that it may not even help but to just extend their life a little longer, just to die later because of the illness due to this bad chemical in their body. But then again......I hear 2nd hand smoke from smokers, is extremely bad, also. My hubby & I try to stay away from people that are smoking or go around them so we don't breathe any of it. Personally for me, I would rather be found dead asleep of old age & not have had any complications in a hospital, but that is just MHO.
                        Last edited by Serenity; February 22, 2005, 11:36 AM.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

BTW-

About the question.....

I can't answer that, because I would like to stay out of trouble.

Seriously, I know my own answer to that question, but it really wont do me any good to answer that, unless the whole world stops all of a sudden & realizes it,
                          that it is really bad for them. yeah, right!.

Thank goodness, I never started a bad habbit like that.

The only habbit I don't mind stopping is walking,breathing,eating, etc...
                          until my time is up.

Aloha. Take care, gang.
                          Last edited by Serenity; February 22, 2005, 12:05 PM.
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I'm wondering what this thread is trying to accomplish, aside from providing a forum for senseless vitriol. Frankly, I find many non-smokers to be a helluva more irritating and self-centered than smokers.

Comment

Originally posted by dick
                              I find many non-smokers to be a helluva more irritating and self-centered than smokers.

yea. and the worst of the lot are those keiki and babies, demanding to breath air!
                              and they expect to play at the beach in sand that isn't loaded with cigarette butts? who da hell they think they are!?

Comment

Working...
                              X