Superbowl XXXIX: Patriots v. Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl XXXIX: Patriots v. Eagles

Superbowl Sunday is upon us. This year, it's a quintessentially American match-up, the New England Patriots versus the Philadelphia Eagles. The Patriots are the favorites, but there are more than a few die hard Eagles fans hoping for an upset.

How do you think the game will go? Where and with whom are you going to watch the game (if at all)?

Re: Superbowl XXXIX: Patriots v. Eagles

I hope its a close game....and drum roll please the Eagles win. I also cannot wait to see the funny commercials. Evidently there is one that will make fun of Janet Jackson's infamous wardrobe malfunction
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Only reason I want the EAGLES to win, is my late husband's pride leather EAGLES JACKET! Although way to small for me...I'm gonna use it SUNDAY and if they win...the rest of the year too. Eh, no need put the zipper up and it's been cold lately.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        How do you think the game will go? Where and with whom are you going to watch the game (if at all)?

we may not pay attention to much o da game. the commercials are a big draw nowadays. Pah-tay at my bruddahs place, kegs of GB beer, dead guy ale... ono kaukau...

Comment

Oh! Since the family is here for my neice's wedding, we'll be heading for my eldest brother's home in Aiea. Should be great if everybody not that hung over from the night before. Depending if I get lucky or not, I once again have no date. Wait a sec...yes, I do...my grandson, ANTONIO!

Comment

Go Pats (by 7 points)! Old habits die hard. I remember going to a Patriots Game many years ago in the cold and snow. Our Heehicks should have been there this year. Oh well, there's always next year.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

New England 23, Philadelphia 16
              Adam Vinatieri and David Akers each kick three field-goals.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
                Evidently there is one that will make fun of Janet Jackson's infamous wardrobe malfunction
                Nope. That was a Bud ad; it's been pulled, although I've seen it half-a-dozen times on news and sports programs. If you go to the Budweiser website (or maybe Anheuser-Busch) you can probably view it.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                  Nope. That was a Bud ad; it's been pulled, although I've seen it half-a-dozen times on news and sports programs. If you go to the Budweiser website (or maybe Anheuser-Busch) you can probably view it.

Awww I'm dissapointed
                  Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

Talk story with everybody laters! It's SUPERBOWL TIME...lot's of kaukau,raw fish, opihi, etc. GO EAGLES! I've always liked the underdogs. So enjoy and GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU, especially you BRO KIMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                      Viral marketing at its best. Rather than spending the money needed to air it, just tell the world you decided to pull it, and watch the world flock to your website to watch it anyway. Not only do you get the eyeballs your marketers want, but you become conversation fodder in lunchrooms and living rooms everywhere. Genius.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU, especially you BRO KIMO!

Why must I be singled out!
                        I'm just another member of the proletariat, wishing to be left alone. Don't curse me like that!

Comment

Here's a website with video of all the ads, including the ones that were pulled. I didn't think any of them were particularly memorable this year.
                          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Thanks for that link, Link. I almost instinctively go to AdCritic.com, but they've been subscription-based for a while now. I caught a lot of the ads during the broadcast, but missed the Anheiser-Busch "Thank You" ad that apparently took top honors this year for impact and memorability. It even got me a little misty eyed.

I kind of liked the Ameriquest ads, though - the "You're Being Robbed" convenience store one and the "Basic Instinct" cat one...

As for the game? Well, I guess the Eagles beat the spread, at least.

Even the color commentators for FOX said something like, "My heart says Eagles, my head says Patriots," which I first heard Robert Kekaula say a few days earlier. I don't follow football at all, but I thought the distinction was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              Even the color commentators for FOX said something like, "My heart says Eagles, my head says Patriots," which I first heard Robert Kekaula say a few days earlier. I don't follow football at all, but I thought the distinction was interesting.
                              As friends and I have been discussing elsewhere on the Web, this is because the Patriots don't dominate any one area of the game, which is how the past ten or so SuperBowl champions did it. The problem is that the current structure of the NFL is aimed at "parity," meaning, ideally, every team has an equally fair shot at the title, just about every year. The salary caps prevent teams from owning too many of the truly dominating players, which makes it impossible for one team to dominate all aspects of the game.

The Eagles have the second-best wide-receiver in the game (Terrell Owens), the second-best quarterback in the NFC (Donovan McNabb), and the NFC's best kicker, not to mention better-than-solid defense.

The Patriots don't have awe-inspiring guys. The New England ownership seems to have aimed itself at playing above-average, rather than stellar, in every facet of the game. Flexibility seems to have been built into this philosophy, so the Patriots seem to win a different way every week.

So the Patriots are not the kind of team to get one excited, but they get the job done. That's why your heart says Eagles, but your head says Pats.

I'm not sure, but I believe the over-under was 45 points this year, meaning EVERYONE who placed an over/under bet lost! This is why betting on sports is stupid unless losing doesn't matter.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X