Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another day...and one more message board...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day...and one more message board...

But this one is closer to home than most I frequent.

Hey, everyone...name is Robert, I live on Oahu (in the Salt Lake area near Moanalua High), and I'm one of "them sailors" from Pearl. Been here going on 9 years, plan to stay a lot longer, love Hawaii and everything about it but the housing prices

I'm a pretty busy blogger, so come on over for a visit.
    "Peace Through Superior Firepower."

Re: Another day...and one more message board...

Aloha Sailor and Welcome to Hawaii Threads! First of all, MAHALO for serving our country. I will definitely check out your Blogg. You'll enjoy our OHANA here....

1stwahine
    momthreesoldiers
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Welcome aboard! (Hehehe.)

Aloha and welcome from a former submarine sailor. I served on the USS Sargo SSN583 back in the very early '70s.

Blaine
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Welcome to Hawai'i Threads, Rob!
        I wandered over to your blog, and I gotta admit, you're one akamai dude! Keep up the good work. Makes me heartened to think that there are people in the service who actually have brains that are firing on all cylinders instead of just following orders without questioning them.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Howzit Rob! Very impressive blog you got there. Feel free to join the party.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
            I served on the USS Sargo SSN583 back in the very early '70s.

Blaine
            Wow, talk about small world! We have a City park here in the north end of Seattle (Magnuson Park) that has a sculpture garden that's made out of the tail fins of various decommissioned nuclear submarines (from far away, they look like a pod of breaching orca whales). I think one of the Sargo's tailfins is in that park!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by subsailor
              But this one is closer to home than most I frequent.

Hey, everyone...name is Robert, I live on Oahu (in the Salt Lake area near Moanalua High), and I'm one of "them sailors" from Pearl. Been here going on 9 years, plan to stay a lot longer, love Hawaii and everything about it but the housing prices

I'm a pretty busy blogger, so come on over for a visit.
              Hey! I left a link to this place over at your blog when I found you on the Indy-weblogs board. Welcome aboard, guy (should that be "squid?)
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Welcome Aboard Subsailor
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  I think one of the Sargo's tailfins is in that park!
                  Miulang
                  Notttt!!! HO! Cool! Wait til I email the Sargo mailing list with that!

Another one for the "how strange is that" file: I also served on the USS Pigeon, a sub rescue ship... highly specialized.

So zip forward a couple of decades: The house across the street from mine was owned by absentee owners and was always rented out to various military families. We became friends with all of them. Then one day, our friends left and the OWNERS moved into their house.

Talking to the guy who owns the house, turns out HE served on the USS Sargo a decade after me, AND he served on the USS Ortolon, which is the sister ship/TWIN of the USS Pigeon! There were only two of them made.. we each served on one, both served on Sargo, and now live across the street from each other!

Mahalo for the tip!
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

E komo mai! Loved listening to American Pie while enjoying the photos! Mahalo for sharing!
                    Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                      Hey! I left a link to this place over at your blog when I found you on the Indy-weblogs board. Welcome aboard, guy (should that be "squid?)
                      "Shipmate" maybe

I forgot to subscribe to this thread (most boards I use auto-sub you to threads you post in...guess this one doesn't Now that I've checked back, I see where all my hits are coming from

Thanks, all, and I'll see you on the board (I'm sure I'm due for a beating on being such a liberal and all...)

Comment

Originally posted by subsailor
                        (I'm sure I'm due for a beating on being such a liberal and all...)
                        Not really, this board is a mutual admiration society consisting mostly of liberal minded posters. I'm not one of them.

Caution: This is a liberal inundation zone.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                          Not really, this board is a mutual admiration society consisting mostly of liberal minded posters. I'm not one of them.

Caution: This is a liberal inundation zone.
                          Well, I won't hold that against you...unless you run for President or the Senate/House of Representatives, that is.

Comment

Working...
                          X