Racial Tensions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial Tensions...

Aloha everybody! There was another thread under Classrooms regarding the Radford Incident. I started this one cause it's not about students. Has anyone experienced racial tensions or prejudice here in our islands personally? The reason is, it just happened to me. I'm not going to say where or what nationality the people were, that's not important. What hurt is the way I was treated for being different (no, nut nuts) and assuming that I couldn't pay the amount of the product. The laughter amongst the owners as well as their customers. I'm not a new customer of the place in question. Infact when I had my resturant I purchased many items from the old man. When everything was said and done, he recognized me. He said,"Where your hat? How's your kids?" I smiled and walked out. How unfortanate that this occurred. Yes, racial tensions and prejudism is alive and well in Hawai'i.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Racial Tensions...

Ai. How sad, especially when it's someplace where you think they would know you.

Comment

The sad thing about rasial tension in Hawaii is that 80% of the tension is given by non-local Hawaiians. Other words, newly placed residents in Hawaii of "local looking" decent.

It reminds me of surfing in a way. The "real" locals are somewhat mellower than the ones that drive to the beach everyday and think they're locals and give grief.

TY

Comment

I was in shock. I purchased many items from rthem. The excuse if not wearing my hat is lame duck excuse if any. Upon recognizing me...then the saw the cash flow coming in. I was so hurt but nut hurt enough to break their fricken STORE! I smile, showed class and walked out. If I was was drunk...totally different story!nah,joke...hehehehehehehe
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
        X