Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica

Has anyone seen the Battlestar Galactica series on the SciFi channel? It plays on Friday night. So far 5 episodes have been aired and they will replay on Tuesday night.

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Originally posted by helen
    Has anyone seen the Battlestar Galactica series on the SciFi channel? It plays on Friday night. So far 5 episodes have been aired and they will replay on Tuesday night.
    Best scifi show on tv, arguably one of the best ever.
    I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

Originally posted by kamapuaa
      Best scifi show on tv, arguably one of the best ever.
      I've heard that. I should try and catch an episode or two.

There's a lot of crossover fandom, I think, between Battlestar Galactica and the shortlived Firefly (soon to be a movie). But just because Firefly didn't floor me, I should probably give Battlestar Galactica a chance.

It's out as a DVD set already, right?

Comment

I watch Battlestar Galactica on sci-fi. Have seen the original mini-series that preceded these new episodes in 2003, and I think I have caught all 5 of the episodes so far. The premise of the show is okay and parallels that of the original series that aired in the 1980s. Hopefully it won't end up being too hokey like that one.

That said, this is the only current space opera show that I am enjoying but nowhere is this series near to my all time favorite, Babylon 5. I am currently watching that entire series all over again for the 3rd time episode by episode off my 5 box DVD set. To me, B5 is my standard for great TV sci-fi space opera.

Of course I am sure others will disagree. That's all I'll say on this.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          It's out as a DVD set already, right?
          Not for the series currently being aired, at this time at least. The miniseries that was aired in December of 2003 is available as a DVD. For the life of me I can't remember if it is available here on Oahu.

I do remember seeing the 1979 version on DVD at Wal-Mart a week or two ago.

Comment

Yup. Best sci-fi series this season. Most of the episodes have already been aired in the UK off of SkyOne and are availble on BitTorrent. I think there's about a six episode lag here in the U.S..

And, guess what, it was announced yesterday that Sci-Fi has renewed the series for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
              The premise of the show is okay and parallels that of the original series that aired in the 1980s. Hopefully it won't end up being too hokey like that one.
              So far it doesn't seem to be that hokey, but there are times when it seems that the characters tend to be slightly dense. This is mostly those characters around Baltar, most of them haven't said much about his talking to himself at times.

Last night's episode (2/18/05) where Lt. Gaeta, Baltar and Number Six using the restroom aboard the Galactica was kind of groundbreaking for TV Sci-Fi where we actually got to see a toilet aboard a spaceship, never mind the fact that no one actually flushed it or one didn't see pants around the ankles.

Comment

After watching episode #5 two weeks ago a thought came to me about the Cylons, other than watching the series and checking out the web site which doesn't offer any extra clues about the Cylons, I got this view of them. Putting it in a spoiler space for just in case:

It seems that the Cylons are a biological/mechincal lifeforms. It was stated that the humans in this series created them but it was not stated as to why they were created. I can only assume if it did get stated, it would be some reason that might be shocking or unethical by our standards.

Comment

Season finale aired tonight (4/1/05) on the Sci-Fi Channel.

One thing I can't figure out.

Why Galactica's Boomer rejected the notion that she was a Cylon, attempted suicide, blow up the Cylon base star and then shoot Adama.

Comment

The second season has been airing since July 15 on the Sci-Fi channel.

Comment

im not sure but i may have passed by da dvds at Blockbuster fo dis show. i always missed da beginning episodes! or i tink i jus saw it.... hmmmm
                      Reggie aka pinakboy
                      Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                      Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                      Recipe Tube TV!
                      Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

It might be from the 2003 mini-series, which was about 4 hours long. I haven't heard anything about the DVD from the 1st season.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 is due for release on September 20, according to Amazon.com. They're taking advance orders for $41.99.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Is anyone watching this series?

Comment

yes, I am. Where did Starbuck get that ship? Can't remember if it is the one she came on. I don't think so. How come they trust Ms. what's her name's a Cylon?
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X