X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postioning & Rewording Threads & Posts

To Helen & the Mod(s)......

FYI.....

I know that you all are just doing your duties & jobs here in this Hawaiithread.com, but....

Not trying to sound mad at you &/or make you angry,

it is just.....

well....

To me, it is kind of irritating. I make a post/thread & thinking that it is where I last post it, then I go to check back on it, it is not there, &/or it has been re worded.

To me that makes me feel like back in grammer school, & the student didn't do a great job at it, so that the teacher have to re create it for the student.

I don't think that it is fair for you to do that.

There were times that I let you slide & re position it & re word it,
    there is also a time where you need to let others be & post where they want to post.
    I enjoy posting like the next person here,
    but I don't want something like that to slow me down
    &/or keep me from posting a lot here. For that reasons, I post alot more in the Hon. Adv. DB because No one there re position &/or re word other people's post, which makes it more fun for others to post on forums like that. You need to make it more fun & enjoyable as oppose to keeping people like me from posting where we want to post. Perhaps there maybe an issues of "control", though, I don't think that is also proper here in forums like this.

Not to say that I don't enjoy posting here & not to say
    that I didn't like the interactions I recieved from my earlier post/thread.

It is just how things are done that should not be done at all.
    if the poster people here need help in some way or another,
    then go a head by all means, do intercept & help, but,
    the thing is there should come a time where having to "re position & re wording" other people's post/thread should stop already.

I am sorry I feel this way, but this is just how I feel.
    it gets so uncomfortable for me to come here to post &
    whether my post/thread will be transported, re worded or not,
    that's what my mind goes through when I come here.
    while in other forum(s) I go to, I am more comfortable
    there. I really like the people here & I really don't want to move
    away to other forum(s), but if I have to, I will.

Thank you for letting me post.
    If you feel that you need to
    kick me out due to this post, then that's fine.

Otherwise, I will just assume that it is still ok
    for me to post here now & then.

Thank you.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Re postioning & re wording Threads(s)& Post(s)....

Posts are not reworded. If any modifications are made, there would be an administrative note to disclose it, and by "modifications," we're primarily talking eliminating copyrighted text or fixing links. The only substantive change you might see in phrasing would be in thread titles, which are sometimes changed to better reflect the actual topic of the thread. "Hey Guys" as a title for a thread about a TV show, for example, might be renamed to the name of the TV show, which will helpit get readers and relevant comments.

Threads are moved, however, to whatever forum they best fit in, if they were first placed awkwardly. Heck, sometimes the topic of a thread will change soon after the first post, and what was a thread about gardening suddenly becomes political. Sorting it all out is the basic function of a moderator, and to be sure, there's moderation done in other forums as well. If you disagree with the placement, of course, feel free to drop me a note.

None of these actions are taken to insult or punish. If you think the moderation here is too strict, then certainly we'll understand if you vote with your feet (or mouse, whatever the case may be). I can come up with a number of examples here, however, where you could complain that moderation is too lax.

The fact of the matter is, this is a subjective job. My aim is to create an forum that fosters intelligent discussion, with a healthy serving of fun. Others may want these and other ingredients in different ratios, of course, and that's fine. I lurk on several other forums where anarchy is the order of the day, and can see the appeal. I just hope HawaiiThreads offers something worthwhile and different.

Comment

Re: Postioning & Rewording Threads & Posts

Aloha Serenity! There was one time I posted to the thread "Weekly," I thought it ment "How was your week?" Still, it wasn't taken out and it took "Palolo Joe" to tell me what the heck I was talking about. I finally understood what he was referring to. Sometimes I post topics like yesterday's "Motherly Instincts" and no other member comments on it. Pists me off too but maybe everybody here don't understand or don't want to comment on the subject. Then theres the fun part of Kimo's and Palolo Joe's ongoing word blows. Ah, Adrian's posts. I also enjoy Miulang's,Screeniver and yours. I've also met AbsolutChaos in person and was suppose to take someone around the island but think she got scared...I can sound a bit off (cough,cough), but I'm not. Hawai'i Threads is one big OHANA. I've had a chance to go to other forums but here is home. The man behind the scenes has given me the opportunity to write like I've never written before. Here, I can ventilate and express how I feel on issues. I pray that you decide to stay here with us or at least visit us often. You won't find characters like we have here! That's the truth!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Re postioning & re wording Threads(s)& Post(s)....

Originally posted by admin
        Posts are not reworded. If any modifications are made, there would be an administrative note to disclose it, and by "modifications," we're primarily talking eliminating copyrighted text or fixing links. The only substantive change you might see in phrasing would be in thread titles, which are sometimes changed to better reflect the actual topic of the thread. "Hey Guys" as a title for a thread about a TV show, for example, might be renamed to the name of the TV show, which will helpit get readers and relevant comments.
        I for one, know what type of post I would like everyone to see, & not some silly post like "Hay guys!" I take the time to see what fits best & not hope for the best that it doesn't get moved.

Threads are moved, however, to whatever forum they best fit in, if they were first placed awkwardly. Heck, sometimes the topic of a thread will change soon after the first post, and what was a thread about gardening suddenly becomes political. Sorting it all out is the basic function of a moderator, and to be sure, there's moderation done in other forums as well. If you disagree with the placement, of course, feel free to drop me a note.
        I can understand from your stand point of views, but I think that may be 1/2 the fun, but then again, I am probably use to being on the other forum, that I have that kind of attitude (the attitude of laid back & who cares attitude)

None of these actions are taken to insult or punish. If you think the moderation here is too strict, then certainly we'll understand if you vote with your feet (or mouse, whatever the case may be). I can come up with a number of examples here, however, where you could complain that moderation is too lax.

The fact of the matter is, this is a subjective job. My aim is to create an forum that fosters intelligent discussion, with a healthy serving of fun. Others may want these and other ingredients in different ratios, of course, and that's fine. I lurk on several other forums where anarchy is the order of the day, and can see the appeal. I just hope HawaiiThreads offers something worthwhile and different.
        okay.....

What ever. *shrugging shoulder smiley*
        I will just be back to square one,
        where I wont put much or about the same
        effort into being here like I usually do, though, I will still
        come by & post off & on. Thanks again.
        Aloha.
        Last edited by Serenity; February 9, 2005, 07:23 PM.
        Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Aloha Serenity! There was one time I posted to the thread "Weekly," I thought it ment "How was your week?" Still, it wasn't taken out and it took "Palolo Joe" to tell me what the heck I was talking about. I finally understood what he was referring to. Sometimes I post topics like yesterday's "Motherly Instincts" and no other member comments on it. Pists me off too but maybe everybody here don't understand or don't want to comment on the subject. Then theres the fun part of Kimo's and Palolo Joe's ongoing word blows. Ah, Adrian's posts. I also enjoy Miulang's,Screeniver and yours. I've also met AbsolutChaos in person and was suppose to take someone around the island but think she got scared...I can sound a bit off (cough,cough), but I'm not. Hawai'i Threads is one big OHANA. I've had a chance to go to other forums but here is home. The man behind the scenes has given me the opportunity to write like I've never written before. Here, I can ventilate and express how I feel on issues. I pray that you decide to stay here with us or at least visit us often. You won't find characters like we have here! That's the truth!
          I just wanted to say....

thank you for replying & posting back.
          Thank you for your kind words.
          I have PMed you already,
          & that's all I have to say any more.
          Thank you again. Aloha.
          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
            I just wanted to say....

thank you for replying & posting back.
            Thank you for your kind words.
            I have PMed you already,
            & that's all I have to say any more.
            Thank you again. Aloha.
            ALOHA............................................. .................................................. .
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X