hotmail dead cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotmail dead cold

anyone else have hotmail? and have a problem with it today?
    seems it may have crashed; all my messages in the inbox are deleted...

Re: hotmail dead cold

My Hotmail accounts seem fine. Hotmail has multiple servers, so if something goes wrong some users' accounts might be affected while others' are still OK. Give them a few hours and try again, they often are able to fix their problems quickly.

Comment

i hope all your msg's come back kimo.

speaking of hotmail, i have a few accounts and they are still at a 2MB capacity! booo that...lol
      There is not a day I do not dream about The Islands...

Comment

Still at 2MB? I thought even newbies get 25MB now. After a month, you should have 250MB. I know my account got upgraded... a few days before I cancelled it completely.

I cancelled both Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail after Google's Gmail launched. Still in beta, but it wipes the floor with the other guys. In addition to lightning-fast searching of all your mail, and free POP access, and lots of other goodies, you get 1,000MB (or 1GB) of storage.

I have more invites than I know what to do with if anyone wants to try it out. Just send me a PM or e-mail via my profile here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Still at 2MB? I thought even newbies get 25MB now. After a month, you should have 250MB. I know my account got upgraded... a few days before I cancelled it completely.

I cancelled both Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail after Google's Gmail launched. Still in beta, but it wipes the floor with the other guys. In addition to lightning-fast searching of all your mail, and free POP access, and lots of other goodies, you get 1,000MB (or 1GB) of storage.

I have more invites than I know what to do with if anyone wants to try it out. Just send me a PM or e-mail via my profile here.

I know, this post was a long time ago, but this is for everyone now--got any extra gmail invites at this time?

I've used hotmail for years, but since they upgraded me to the 250MB of space, I've experienced more problems with access and with my account working properly (though I have no idea if this development can be attributed in any way to the boost in mail space.) My frustration with hotmail at this point has grown enough for me to consider gmail finally, and I kinda wish I had taken advantage of all the invites that were offered to me earlier over the past year by various people! Oh well...coulda, shoulda, woulda, right?

Anybody who can help me out, thanks in advance! And let me know what good and bad things you've discovered with gmail--it would be great to know what others have discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
            I know, this post was a long time ago, but this is for everyone now--got any extra gmail invites at this time?
            This whole thread is new, today, Feb. 15, although I know Gmail had its own "invites" thread a while back. In any case, the offer is definitely still open.

To get an invite, though, I need a first and last name and an e-mail address. The name can be fake, of course, but the address has to work. Just send both to me via PM or e-mail -- see my profie.

Comment

Ditto the invites. If anyone needs a Gmail invite, email me via this system with your First Name, Last Name and a real email address and I'll get you started.

Blaine
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by hkplayer
                i hope all your msg's come back kimo.

speaking of hotmail, i have a few accounts and they are still at a 2MB capacity! booo that...lol

thanx hkplayer.

and mine bumped up to 250mb without mention or 'warning'... hmmmm...

but hotmail still off and on.
                runnin hot and cold..
                bill gates playin with my mac mind!

Comment

I've got a boatload of gmail invites, too, so pmail me if you'd like one.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                    I've got a boatload of gmail invites, too, so pmail me if you'd like one.

mahalos fo dat.
                    Will check out 'sup with gmail...

------------
                    yow. another cool sig. where you get da kine.
                    My fave was S.F.Bacon. put that one up again soon, eh?
                    That quote has been my slogan since late 70's when I discovered Manly Palmer Hall's Philosophical Research Society. That was MPH's favorite too.
                    He was deep into the Bacon/Shakespeare controversy.

Comment

with me, i really like the folders attributes with hotmail as it is quite easy to create and maintain...has anyone experienced with gmail that we cannot do this? perhaps i lack time using my gmail acct...lol
                      There is not a day I do not dream about The Islands...

Comment

You can create "folders" in Gmail, but the way the system works is actually more versatile and much cooler than that. In Gmail, you apply "labels" to messages. You can then access all messages labeled a certain way at once. But, unlike folders, you can apply more than one label to a message (rather than having to find a message in only one location).

More importantly, since this is Google we're talking about, pretty much the easiest way to find any message is to just search your account. Regardless of whether or not you labeled it, regardless of who sent it or what the subject line is, if you know "possums" were mentioned in an e-mail conversation with someone, sometime, you can just search for that and find it immediately.

The way Gmail displays ongoing conversations, by the way, is also pretty cool. Think 'threaded discussion' - like on a message board, for example.

There's lots more to it, and they're tweaking it regularly. For a "beta" (i.e. trial) product, it kicks its competitors every which way to Sunday.

Curious? PM me or e-mail me your name and e-mail address.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                          anyone else have hotmail? and have a problem with it today?
                          seems it may have crashed; all my messages in the inbox are deleted...

Did your old emails reappear eventually? I opened my hotmail account today, only to find the same thing had happened to me...was a little concerned, since I had a few emails that I needed in there...

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                            Did your old emails reappear eventually?
                            they did. then they dis appeared!

on again off again. 80% off mostly.
                            Goin stay wit my .mac account!

gaworsh dern microsquish!

Comment

hooboy.... getting this when attempting to gain access to my hotmail:

Server Too Busy
                              We are experiencing higher than normal volume*and are therefore*unable to service your request at this time. Try one of the following:
                              In your browser, click Refresh
                              In your browser, click Back, and try again
                              Wait a few minutes and try again
                              We apologize for this inconvenience.

Now; My question is:
                              how often must this higher than normal volume occur to then, be considered "normal", and necessitating the obvious remedies?
                              Cuz this notice is seen more often than not, lately.
                              making it "normal".

Comment

Working...
                              X